Industrial Networks between China and the Countries of the Asia-Pacific Region
AbstractThis paper investigates the changes in the structures of industrial networks that have occurred in the Asia-Pacific region in line with the rapid growth of the Chinese economy. Analyses using international input-output tables revealed that during the 1990s, there was a significant increase in the dependence of Asian countriesâ€™ manufacturing industries, such as textiles and electronics, on Chinaâ€™s industries, though industries in Japan and the United States remain important as the main suppliers of industries in Asian countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO) in its series IDE Discussion Papers with number 110.
Date of creation: Jun 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in IDE Discussion Paper. No. 110. 2007.6
Postal: Publication Office, IDE 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-08-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2007-08-27 (China)
- NEP-CSE-2007-08-27 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-DEV-2007-08-27 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2007-08-27 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1998. "International production networks and changing trade patterns in East Asia: The case of the electronics industry," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 191-212.
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1997. "International Production Networks And Changing Trade Patterns In East Asia The Case Of The Electronics Industry," DRUID Working Papers 97-7, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Ernst, Dieter & Guerrieri, Paolo, 1998. "International Production Networks and Changing Trade Patterns in East Asia: The Case of the Electronics Industry," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt3f55c124, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Fidel Aroche-Reyes, 2002. "Structural Transformations and Important Coefficients in the North American Economies," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 257-273.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Kobayashi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.