A note on infrastructure quality in South Africa
AbstractIn South Africa the emphasis, both in research and in policy-making, seems to be more on the quantity of infrastructure than on improving its quality. This research note critically analyses the lack of quality indicators in quantitative infrastructure research, with the aim of redirecting attention to improving the quality of infrastructure in South Africa.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Development Southern Africa.
Volume (Year): 25 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CDSA20
Other versions of this item:
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Perkins & Johann Fedderke & John Luiz, 2005. "An Analysis Of Economic Infrastructure Investment In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 73(2), pages 211-228, 06.
- Limao, Nuno & Venables, Anthony J., 1999. "Infrastructure, geographical disadvantage, and transport costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2257, The World Bank.
- Johan Fourie, 2006. "Economic Infrastructure: A Review Of Definitions, Theory And Empirics," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 74(3), pages 530-556, 09.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina, 2002.
"Assessing the impact of communication costs on international trade,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2929, The World Bank.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina, 2005. "Assessing the impact of communication costs on international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 428-445, December.
- Robinson, James A & Torvik, Ragnar, 2002.
CEPR Discussion Papers
3459, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.