Point and interval nowcasts of the Euro area IPI
AbstractOpinion surveys are an important element in the analysis of the short-term economic situation because of the timeliness and nature of the information they convey. The aim of this article is to propose a procedure to nowcast in real-time the fluctuations of the industrial production indices (IPI) for the aggregated euro area, by incorporating the information contained in the industrial opinion surveys. We present a pooling procedure, each nowcasted value stemming from a calibration model. The confidence intervals for IPI nowcasts are computed by bootstrap.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 14 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00277379 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00275769 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00283710 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laurent Ferrara & Clément Marsilli, 2012.
"Financial variables as leading indicators of GDP growth: Evidence from a MIDAS approach during the Great Recession,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2012-19, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Laurent Ferrara & Clément Marsilli, 2013. "Financial variables as leading indicators of GDP growth: Evidence from a MIDAS approach during the Great Recession," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 233-237, February.
- Ferrara, L. & Guégan, D., 2008.
"Business surveys modelling with Seasonal-Cyclical Long Memory models,"
224, Banque de France.
- Laurent Ferrara & Dominique Guégan, 2008. "Business surveys modelling with Seasonal-Cyclical Long Memory models," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(29), pages 1-10.
- Laurent Ferrara & Dominique Guegan, 2008. "Business surveys modelling with seasonal-cyclical long memory models," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne b08035, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Ferrara, Laurent, 2006. "A real-time recession indicator for the Euro area," MPRA Paper 4042, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00283710 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:29:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.