Do government sponsored vocational training programmes help the unemployed find jobs? Evidence from Russia
AbstractThe study estimates the employment effect of vocational training programmes for the unemployed in urban Russia. The results of propensity score matching indicate that training programmes had a non-negative overall effect on the programme participants relative to non-participants.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 14 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
- A. Smith, Jeffrey & E. Todd, Petra, 2005.
"Does matching overcome LaLonde's critique of nonexperimental estimators?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 305-353.
- Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 2003. "Does Matching Overcome Lalonde's Critique of Nonexperimental Estimators?," University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity Working Papers 20035, University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity.
- Jochen Kluve & Christoph M. Schmidt, 2002. "Can training and employment subsidies combat European unemployment?," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 409-448, October.
- World Bank, 2003. "The Russian Labor Market : Moving from Crisis to Recovery," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15007, March.
- Aysit Tansel & H.Mehmet Tasçi, 2010.
"Hazard Analysis Of Unemployment Duration By Gender In A Developing Country: The Case Of Turkey,"
2010/6, Turkish Economic Association.
- Aysit Tansel & H. Mehmet Taşçı, 2010. "Hazard Analysis of Unemployment Duration by Gender in a Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(4), pages 501-530, December.
- Tansel, Aysit & Tasci, H. Mehmet, 2010. "Hazard Analysis of Unemployment Duration by Gender in a Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 4844, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & H. Mehmet Tasci, 2010. "Hazard Analysis Of Unemployment Duration By Gender In A Developing Country: The Case Of Turkey," Working Papers 521, Economic Research Forum, revised May 2010.
- Aysit Tansel & H. Mehmet Tasci, 2009. "Hazard Analysis of Unemployment Duration by Gender in a Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," ERC Working Papers 0903, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Oct 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.