Modelling firm innovation using panel probit estimators
AbstractFirm-level innovation is investigated using three probit panel estimators, which control for unobserved heterogeneity, and a standard probit estimator. Results indicate the standard probit model is misspecified and that inter-firm networks are important for innovation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Other versions of this item:
- Mark N. Harris & Mark Rogers & Anthony Siouclis, 2001. "Modelling Firm Innovation using Panel Probit Estimators," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2001n20, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George Symeonidis, 1996. "Innovation, Firm Size and Market Structure: Schumpeterian Hypotheses and Some New Themes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 161, OECD Publishing.
- Butler, J S & Moffitt, Robert, 1982. "A Computationally Efficient Quadrature Procedure for the One-Factor Multinomial Probit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 761-64, May.
- Karlsson, Charlie & Olsson, Ola, 1998. " Product Innovation in Small and Large Enterprises," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 31-46, February.
- Cassey Lee & Lee Chew ging, 2007. "SME Innovation in the Malaysian Manufacturing Sector," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(30), pages 1-12.
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00115717 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barge-Gil, Andrés & López, Alberto, 2012. "R&D Determinants: accounting for the differences between research and development," MPRA Paper 41270, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ashok Parikh & Kunal Sen, 2006. "Probit with heteroscedasticity: an application to Indian poverty analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(11), pages 699-707.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00115717 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frédérique Savignac, 2006.
"The impact of financial constraints on innovation : evidence from french manufacturing firms,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
v06042, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Jaakko Simonen, 2005. "The innovativeness of the Finnish high technology firms – The role of internal factors, cooperation, and the mobility of labour," ERSA conference papers ersa05p462, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.