original papers : Uniqueness of Arrow-Debreu and Arrow-Radner equilibrium when utilities are additively separable
AbstractThis survey paper has three purposes: We first present in finite dimension, different approaches to the problem of uniqueness of Arrow-Debreu equilibrium when agents have additively separable utilities. We then study how, in the specific framework of a two period contingent good economy the results obtained generalize to infinite dimension. We consider economies where agents' consumption space is $L^p_+ (\mu)\; 1 \leq p \leq \infty$ and agents' utilities are additively separable. Lastly, we show that in some restricted settings, some results may be used to prove uniqueness of Arrow-Radner equilibria when there are incomplete financial markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Economic Design.
Volume (Year): 6 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10058/index.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- T. J. Kehoe & D. K. Levine, 1982.
"Comparative Statics and Perfect Foresight in Infinite Horizon Economies,"
312, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Kehoe, Timothy J & Levine, David K, 1985. "Comparative Statics and Perfect Foresight in Infinite Horizon Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 433-53, March.
- Timothy J Kehoe & David K Levine, 1985. "Comparative Statics and Perfect Foresight in Infinite Horizon Economies," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1873, David K. Levine.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & David K. Levine, 1982. "Comparitive Statics and Perfect Foresight in Infinite Horizon Economies," UCLA Economics Working Papers 259, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Greenberg, Joseph, 1977. "An Elementary Proof of the Existence of a Competitive Equilibrium with Weak Gross Substitutes," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(3), pages 513-16, August.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Zame, William R., 1991. "Equilibrium theory in infinite dimensional spaces," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 34, pages 1835-1898 Elsevier.
- Magill, Michael & Shafer, Wayne, 1991. "Incomplete markets," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 30, pages 1523-1614 Elsevier.
- Polterovich, Victor & Mityushin, Leonid, 1978. "Criteria for Monotonicity of Demand Functions," MPRA Paper 20097, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.