The integration of multidimensional scaling and multivariate analysis with optimal transformations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Psychometrika.
Volume (Year): 57 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Kruskal, 1964. "Nonmetric multidimensional scaling: A numerical method," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 115-129, June.
- Forrest Young & Yoshio Takane & Jan Leeuw, 1978. "The principal components of mixed measurement level multivariate data: An alternating least squares method with optimal scaling features," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 279-281, June.
- Gale Young & A. Householder, 1938. "Discussion of a set of points in terms of their mutual distances," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 19-22, March.
- Joseph Kruskal & Roger Shepard, 1974. "A nonmetric variety of linear factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 123-157, June.
- Heiser, Willem J., 1987. "Correspondence analysis with least absolute residuals," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 337-356, September.
- Roger Shepard, 1962. "The analysis of proximities: Multidimensional scaling with an unknown distance function. I," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 125-140, June.
- J. Kruskal, 1964. "Multidimensional scaling by optimizing goodness of fit to a nonmetric hypothesis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Roger Shepard, 1962. "The analysis of proximities: Multidimensional scaling with an unknown distance function. II," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 219-246, September.
- Yoshio Takane & Forrest Young & Jan Leeuw, 1977. "Nonmetric individual differences multidimensional scaling: An alternating least squares method with optimal scaling features," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 7-67, March.
- S. Winsberg & J. Ramsay, 1983. "Monotone spline transformations for dimension reduction," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 575-595, December.
- Norman Cliff, 1966. "Orthogonal rotation to congruence," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 33-42, March.
- Heiser, Willem J. & Meulman, Jacqueline, 1983. "Analyzing rectangular tables by joint and constrained multidimensional scaling," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-2), pages 139-167.
- Michael Greenacre, 2008. "Correspondence analysis of raw data," Economics Working Papers 1112, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2009.
- Malone, Samuel W. & Tarazaga, Pablo & Trosset, Michael W., 2002. "Better initial configurations for metric multidimensional scaling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 143-156, November.
- Jacques Commandeur & Patrick Groenen & Jacqueline Meulman, 1999. "A distance-based variety of nonlinear multivariate data analysis, including weights for objects and variables," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 64(2), pages 169-186, June.
- Jean Bosco Ki & Salimata Faye & Bocar Faye, 2005. "Multidimensional Poverty in Senegal: a Non-monetary Basic Needs Approach," Working Papers PMMA 2005-05, PEP-PMMA.
- Groenen, P.J.F. & Borg, I., 2013. "The Past, Present, and Future of Multidimensional Scaling," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2013-07, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Jacqueline Meulman & Peter Verboon, 1993. "Points of view analysis revisited: Fitting multidimensional structures to optimal distance components with cluster restrictions on the variables," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 7-35, March.
- Peter Verboon & Ivo Lans, 1994. "Robust canonical discriminant analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 59(4), pages 485-507, December.
- Michael Brusco & Stephanie Stahl, 2001. "An interactive multiobjective programming approach to combinatorial data analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 66(1), pages 5-24, March.
- Jacqueline Meulman, 1996. "Fitting a distance model to homogeneous subsets of variables: Points of view analysis of categorical data," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 249-266, September.
- Diallo, Fatoumata Lamarana, 2010. "Analysing multidimensional poverty in Guinea: A fuzzy set approach," MERIT Working Papers 041, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Jan de Leeuw & Patrick Mair, . "Multidimensional Scaling Using Majorization: SMACOF in R," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 31(i03).
- Patrick Groenen & Bart-Jan Os & Jacqueline Meulman, 2000. "Optimal scaling by alternating length-constrained nonnegative least squares, with application to distance-based analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 65(4), pages 511-524, December.
- Patrick Groenen & Willem Heiser, 1996. "The tunneling method for global optimization in multidimensional scaling," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 529-550, September.
- Andrew Webb, 1997. "Radial basis functions for exploratory data analysis: An iterative majorisation approach for Minkowski distances based on multidimensional scaling," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 249-267, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.