The tunneling method for global optimization in multidimensional scaling
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Psychometrika.
Volume (Year): 61 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Willem Heiser & Patrick Groenen, 1997. "Cluster differences scaling with a within-clusters loss component and a fuzzy successive approximation strategy to avoid local minima," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 63-83, March.
- David Weeks & P. Bentler, 1982. "Restricted multidimensional scaling models for asymmetric proximities," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 201-208, June.
- Jacqueline Meulman, 1992. "The integration of multidimensional scaling and multivariate analysis with optimal transformations," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 57(4), pages 539-565, December.
- J. Kruskal, 1964. "Nonmetric multidimensional scaling: A numerical method," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 115-129, June.
- J. Kruskal, 1964. "Multidimensional scaling by optimizing goodness of fit to a nonmetric hypothesis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Roger Shepard, 1962. "The analysis of proximities: Multidimensional scaling with an unknown distance function. I," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 125-140, June.
- Roger Shepard, 1962. "The analysis of proximities: Multidimensional scaling with an unknown distance function. II," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 219-246, September.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie & Matthew Hesson-Mcinnis, 1992. "Multidimensional scaling in the city-block metric: A combinatorial approach," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 211-236, December.
- Patrick Groenen & Rudolf Mathar & Willem Heiser, 1995. "The majorization approach to multidimensional scaling for Minkowski distances," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 3-19, March.
- Phipps Arabie, 1991. "Was euclid an unnecessarily sophisticated psychologist?," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 56(4), pages 567-587, December.
- Michael Brusco & Stephanie Stahl, 2001. "An interactive multiobjective programming approach to combinatorial data analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 66(1), pages 5-24, March.
- Leung, Pui Lam & Lau, Kin-nam, 2004. "Estimating the city-block two-dimensional scaling model with simulated annealing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 518-524, October.
- Groenen, P.J.F. & Kaymak, U. & van Rosmalen, J.M., 2006. "Fuzzy clustering with Minkowski distance," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2006-24, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Michael Brusco & Douglas Steinley, 2011. "A Tabu-Search Heuristic for Deterministic Two-Mode Blockmodeling of Binary Network Matrices," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 612-633, October.
- Jan de Leeuw & Patrick Mair, . "Multidimensional Scaling Using Majorization: SMACOF in R," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 31(i03).
- Groenen, P.J.F. & Borg, I., 2013. "The Past, Present, and Future of Multidimensional Scaling," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2013-07, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Malone, Samuel W. & Tarazaga, Pablo & Trosset, Michael W., 2002. "Better initial configurations for metric multidimensional scaling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 143-156, November.
- Groenen, P.J.F. & van de Velden, M., 2004. "Multidimensional scaling," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2004-15, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Michael Brusco & Stephanie Stahl, 2005. "Optimal Least-Squares Unidimensional Scaling: Improved Branch-and-Bound Procedures and Comparison to Dynamic Programming," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 70(2), pages 253-270, June.
- S. Hess & E. Suárez & J. Camacho & G. Ramírez & B. Hernández, 2001. "Reliability of Coordinates Obtained by MINISSA Concerning the Order of Presented Stimuli," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 117-128, May.
- Marc Robini & Pierre-Jean Reissman, 2013. "From simulated annealing to stochastic continuation: a new trend in combinatorial optimization," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 185-215, May.
- Michael Brusco & Hans-Friedrich Köhn & Stephanie Stahl, 2008. "Heuristic Implementation of Dynamic Programming for Matrix Permutation Problems in Combinatorial Data Analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 73(3), pages 503-522, September.
- Groenen, Patrick J. F. & Franses, Philip Hans, 2000. "Visualizing time-varying correlations across stock markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 155-172, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.