Axiomatizing the Harsanyi solution, the symmetric egalitarian solution and the consistent solution for NTU-games
AbstractThe validity of the axiomatization of the Harsanyi solution for NTU-games by Hart (1985) is shown to depend on the regularity conditions imposed on games. Following this observation, we propose two related axiomatic characterizations, one of the symmetric egalitarian solution (Kalai and Samet, 1985) and one of the consistent solution (Maschler and Owen, 1992). The three axiomatic results are studied, evaluated and compared in detail. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2004
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Games Theory.
Volume (Year): 33 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Joosung & Driessen, Theo S.H., 2012. "Sequentially two-leveled egalitarianism for TU games: Characterization and application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 736-743.
- Roberto Serrano, 2007.
"Cooperative Games: Core and Shapley Value,"
2007-11, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Bergantinos, G. & Casas-Mendez, B. & Fiestras-Janeiro, M.G. & Vidal-Puga, J.J., 2007. "A solution for bargaining problems with coalition structure," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 35-58, July.
- Sergiu Hart, 2004.
"A comparison of non-transferable utility values,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 35-46, April.
- Hinojosa, M.A. & Romero, E. & Zarzuelo, J.M., 2012. "Consistency of the Harsanyi NTU configuration value," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 665-677.
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Balbina Casas- Méndez & Gloria Fiestras- Janeiro & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2005. "A Focal-Point Solution for Bargaining Problems with Coalition Structure," Game Theory and Information 0511006, EconWPA.
- Hwang, Yan-An, 2010. "Marginal monotonicity solution of NTU games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 502-508, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.