The Kernel/Nucleolus of a Standard Tree Game
AbstractIn this paper we characterize the nucleolus (which coincides with the kernel) of a tree enterprise. We also provide a new algorithm to compute it, which sheds light on its structure. We show that in particular cases, including a chain enterprise one can compute the nucleolus in O(n) operations, where n is the number of vertices in the tree. Coauthors are M. Maschler, G. Owen, and W. R. Zhu.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Game Theory.
Volume (Year): 25 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuipers, Jeroen & Mosquera, Manuel A. & Zarzuelo, José M., 2013. "Sharing costs in highways: A game theoretic approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(1), pages 158-168.
- Péter Csóka & P. Jean-Jacques Herings & László Á. Kóczy & Miklós Pintér, 2009.
"Convex and Exact Games with Non-transferable Utility,"
Working Paper Series
0904, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Csóka, Péter & Jean-Jacques Herings, P. & Kóczy, László Á. & Pintér, Miklós, 2011. "Convex and exact games with non-transferable utility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 209(1), pages 57-62, February.
- Csóka Péter & Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Kóczy László Á. & Pintér Miklós, 2009. "Convex and Exact Games with Non-transferable Utility," Research Memorandum 031, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Kuipers, Jeroen & Vermeulen, Dries & Voorneveld, Mark, 2009.
"A generalization of the Shapley-Ichiishi result,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
711, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Helga Habis & P. Herings, 2013.
"Stochastic bankruptcy games,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 973-988, November.
- Habis Helga & Herings P. Jean-Jacques, 2011. "Stochastic Bankruptcy Games," Research Memorandum 045, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Helga Habis & P. Jean-Jacques Herings, 2012. "Stochastic Bankruptcy Games," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1205, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Judit Markus & Anna Radvanyi & Miklos Pinter, 2012.
"The Shapley Value for Airport and Irrigation Games,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
1207, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Márkus, Judit & Pintér, Miklós & Radványi, Anna, 2011. "The Shapley value for airport and irrigation games," MPRA Paper 30031, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Habis, Helga, 2012.
"Sztochasztikus csődjátékok - avagy hogyan osszunk szét egy bizonytalan méretű tortát?
[Stochastic bankruptcy games. How can a cake of uncertain dimensions be divided?]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(12), pages 1299-1310.
- Helga Habis & P. Jean-Jacques Herings, 2011.
"Transferable Utility Games with Uncertainty,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
1120, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Hougaard, Jens Leth & Tvede, Mich & Østerdal, Lars Peter, 2013. "Cost Sharing in Chains and Other Fixed Trees," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 12/2013, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
- Koster, M.A.L. & Molina, E. & Sprumont, Y. & Tijs, S.H., 1998. "Core Representations of the Standard Fixed Tree Game," Discussion Paper 1998-21, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kuipers, J. & Feltkamp, V. & Tijs, S.H., 1996. "Vertix Weighted Steiner Tree Games," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-73363, Tilburg University.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Mich Tvede, 2011. "Incremental Cost Sharing in Chains and Fixed Trees," MSAP Working Paper Series 02_2011, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- M. Meertens & J. Potters, 2006. "The nucleolus of trees with revenues," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 64(2), pages 363-382, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.