Transferable Utility Games with Uncertainty
AbstractWe introduce the concept of a TUU-game, a transferable utility game with uncertainty. In a TUU-game there is uncertainty regarding the payoffs of coalitions. One out of a finite number of states of nature materializes and conditional on the state, the players are involved in a particular transferable utility game. We consider the case without ex ante commitment possibilities and propose the Weak Sequential Core as a solution concept. We characterize the Weak Sequential Core and show that it is non-empty if all ex post TUgames are convex.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Economics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences in its series IEHAS Discussion Papers with number 1120.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: May 2011
Date of revision:
transferable utility games; uncertainty; Weak Sequential Core;
Other versions of this item:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2011-06-18 (Game Theory)
- NEP-UPT-2011-06-18 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Suijs, J.P.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & De Waegenaere, A. & Tijs, S.H., 1995.
"Cooperative games with stochastic payoffs,"
1995-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Suijs, J.P.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Tijs, S.H., 1999. "Cooperative games with stochastic payoffs," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-78432, Tilburg University.
- Sujis, J. & Borm, P. & De Waegenaere, A. & Tijs, S., 1995. "Cooperative Games with Stochastic Payoffs," Papers 9588, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Laurence Kranich & Andrés Perea & Hans Peters, 2005.
"Core Concepts For Dynamic Tu Games,"
International Game Theory Review (IGTR),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(01), pages 43-61.
- Kranich, Laurence & Perea, Andres & Peters, Hans, 2005. "Core concepts for dynamic TU games," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-12229, Maastricht University.
- Kranich,Laurence & Peree,Andrea & Peters,Hans, 2001. "Core Concepts for Dynamic TU Games," Research Memoranda 013, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Rajiv Vohra, 1997.
"Incomplete Information, Incentive Compatibility and the Core,"
97-11, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Vohra, Rajiv, 1999. "Incomplete Information, Incentive Compatibility, and the Core," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 123-147, May.
- Bernheim, B. Douglas & Peleg, Bezalel & Whinston, Michael D., 1987. "Coalition-Proof Nash Equilibria I. Concepts," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-12, June.
- Ray, Debraj, 1989. "Credible Coalitions and the Core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 185-87.
- Habis Helga & Herings P. Jean-Jacques, 2011.
"Stochastic Bankruptcy Games,"
045, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.