Information Revelation in a Market with Pairwise Meetings: The One Sided Information Case
AbstractWe study a market with pair wise meetings of agents and with a one sided information asymmetry regarding the state of the world, which may be "low" or "high." We characterize the set of equilibria of the model, and study its behavior as the market becomes approximately friction less. For any one sided information economy there is an equilibrium where trade occurs at the right price (an ex-post individually rational price). Moreover, there is an open set of economies where in all the equilibria trade occurs at the right price.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 3 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Serrano, 2000.
"Decentralized Information and the Walrasian Outcome:A Pairwise Meetings Market with Private Values,"
2000-13, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Serrano, Roberto, 2002. "Decentralized information and the Walrasian outcome: a pairwise meetings market with private values," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 65-89, September.
- Serrano, R. & Yosha, O., 1995. "Decentralized Information and the Walrasian Outcome : A Pairwise Meetings Market with Private Values," Papers 26-95, Tel Aviv.
- Max Blouin, 2001. "Equilibrium in a Decentralized Market with Adverse Selection," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 128, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal, revised Mar 2001.
- Max Blouin & Roberto Serrano, 1998.
"A Decentralized Market with Common Values Uncertainty: Non-Steady States,"
98-5, Brown University, Department of Economics, revised 10 Aug 1998.
- Blouin, Max R & Serrano, Roberto, 2001. "A Decentralized Market with Common Values Uncertainty: Non-Steady States," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 323-46, April.
- Isaac, Tanguy, 2011. "A new equilibrium in the one-sided asymmetric information market with pairwise meetings," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 152-156, May.
- Roberto Serrano, 2007. "Bargaining," Working Papers 2007-06, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.