Sunspots and Incomplete Financial Markets: The General Case
AbstractThis paper examines the effects of extrinsic uncertainty or sunspots on competitive equilibrium when financial markets are incomplete. For the canonical two-period, pure-exchange model with bonds (or so-called "nominal assets," yielding overall returns specified in units of account, and including pure inside money), the following result is established: Generically in endowments, if there are "S" sunspot states in the second period, but only 0
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 2 (1992)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark G. Guzman & Joseph H. Haslag & Pia M. Orenius, 2013. "Government Policy under Price Uncertainty: A Source of Volatility in Illegal Immigration," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2013-05, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Mark G. Guzman & Joseph H. Haslag & Pia M. Orrenius, 2003. "A role for government policy and sunspots in explaining endogenous fluctuations in illegal immigration," Working Papers 0305, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Atsushi Kajii, 2006.
"Welfare Gains and Losses in Sunspot Equilibria,"
KIER Working Papers
624, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Bernard Cornet & Ramu Gopalan, 2009.
"Arbitrage and Equilibrium with Portfolio Constraints,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Bernard Cornet & Ramu Gopalan, 2010. "Arbitrage and equilibrium with portfolio constraints," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 227-252, October.
- Bernard Cornet & Ramu Gopalan, 2009. "Arbitrage and equilibrium with portofolio constraints," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 09077, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Bernard Cornet & Ramu Gopalan, 2009. "Arbitrage and Equilibrium with Portfolio Constraints," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200911, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2009.
- Alessandro, CITANNA & SCHMEDDERS, Karl, 2002.
"Controlling price volatility through financial innovation,"
Les Cahiers de Recherche
749, HEC Paris.
- Alessandro Citanna & Karl Schmedders, 2002. "Controlling Price Volatility Through Financial Innovation," Discussion Papers 1338, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Atsushi Kajii, .
""The Sequential Regularity of Competitive Equilibria and Sunspots'',"
CARESS Working Papres
95-11, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Atsushi Kajii, . "The Sequential Regularity of Competitive Equilibria and Sunspots," Penn CARESS Working Papers e2d9482c0b44fc6a481e83aae, Penn Economics Department.
- M. Salto & T. Pietra, 2013.
"Welfare and excess volatility of exchange rates,"
Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 501-529, March.
- David Bowman & Jon Faust, 1995.
"Options, sunspots, and the creation of uncertainty,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
510, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bowman, David & Faust, Jon, 1997. "Options, Sunspots, and the Creation of Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 957-75, October.
- Gottardi, Piero & Kajii, Atsushi, 2003. "A note on the regularity of competitive equilibria and asset structures," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 763-776, September.
- Hoelle, Matthew, 2014. "The relation between sunspot effects and multiplicity in incomplete markets models with numeraire assets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 119-127.
- W. -X. Zhou & D. Sornette, 2002. "Evidence of a Worldwide Stock Market Log-Periodic Anti-Bubble Since Mid-2000," Papers cond-mat/0212010, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2003.
- Keister, Todd, 1998. "Money Taxes and Efficiency When Sunspots Matter," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 43-68, November.
- Bisin, Alberto, 1998. "General Equilibrium with Endogenously Incomplete Financial Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 19-45, September.
- Joe Haslag & Mark G. Guzman & Pia M. Orrenius, 2003. "A Role for Sunspots in Explaining Endogenous Fluctutations in Illegal Immigration," Working Papers 0312, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Kajii, Atsushi, 1998. "Sunspots and the Sequential Regularity of Competitive Equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 187-194, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.