Waiting times and equilibrium selection
AbstractThis paper shows how graphs can be used to calculate waiting times in models of equilibrium selection. It also shows how reducing the state space can simplify the calculations of both waiting times and selected equilibria. The results are applied to potential games and games with strategic complementarities. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2005
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 25 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (04)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cui, Zhiwei & Zhai, Jian, 2010. "Escape dynamics and equilibria selection by iterative cycle decomposition," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 1015-1029, November.
- Mathias Staudigl, 2010. "On a General class of stochastic co-evolutionary dynamics," Vienna Economics Papers 1001, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Marden, Jason R. & Shamma, Jeff S., 2012. "Revisiting log-linear learning: Asynchrony, completeness and payoff-based implementation," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 788-808.
- Alós-Ferrer, Carlos & Netzer, Nick, 2010.
"The logit-response dynamics,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 413-427, March.
- Alan Beggs, 2002.
"Large Deviations and Equilibrium Selection in Large Populations,"
Economics Series Working Papers
129, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Beggs, A.W., 2007. "Large deviations and equilibrium selection in large populations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 383-410, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.