The welfare loss associated to characteristics of the goods: application to housing policy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ekeland, Ivar & Heckman, James J. & Nesheim, Lars, 2003.
"Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models,"
IZA Discussion Papers
853, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ivar Ekeland & James J. Heckman & Lars Nesheim, 2003. "Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models," CESifo Working Paper Series 1031, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ivar Ekeland & James Heckman & Lars Nesheim, 2002. "Identification and estimation of hedonic models," CeMMAP working papers CWP07/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ivar Ekeland & James J. Heckman & Lars P. Nesheim, 2003. "Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models," NBER Working Papers 9910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ekeland, Ivar & Heckman, James J. & Nesheim, Lars, 2004. "Identification and Estimation of Hedonic Models," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6486, Paris Dauphine University.
- Brown, James N & Rosen, Harvey S, 1982.
"On the Estimation of Structural Hedonic Price Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 765-68, May.
- James N. Brown & Harvey S. Rosen, 1982. "On the Estimation of Structural Hedonic Price Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ohsfeldt, Robert L. & Smith, Barton A., 1990. "Calculating elasticities from structural parameters in implicit markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 212-221, March.
- Hansen, Julia L. & Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James, 1996. "The Income Elasticity of Demand for Housing: Evidence from Concentration Curves," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 173-192, March.
- Neary, J.P & Roberts, K.W.S, 1978.
"The Theory of Household Behaviour under Rationing,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
132, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 1992. "Valuing localized externalities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 59-68, January.
- Ivar Ekeland & James J. Heckman & Lars Nesheim, 2002.
"Identifying Hedonic Models,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 304-309, May.
- Helen Tauchen & Ann Dryden Witte, 2001. "Estimating Hedonic Models: Implications of the Theory," NBER Technical Working Papers 0271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Knight J. R. & Hill R. Carter & Sirmans C. F., 1993. "Estimation of Hedonic Housing Price Models Using Nonsample Information: A Monte Carlo Study," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 319-346, November.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2003.
"A rational rank four demand system,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 127-135.
- Carlos Martins-Filho & Okmyung Bin, 2005.
"Estimation of hedonic price functions via additive nonparametric regression,"
Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 93-114, January.
- Okmyung Bin & Carlos Martins-Filho, . "Estimation of Hedonic Price Functions via Additive Nonparametric Regression," Working Papers 0116, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Bilbao, Amelia & Bilbao, Celia & Labeaga, Jose M., 2007. "A method for evaluating the excess burden associated with characteristics of the goods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 209-214, August.
- Bonnetain, Philippe, 2003. "A hedonic price model for islands," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 368-377, September.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Salo, Sinikka, 1994. "Modelling the Finnish housing market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 250-265, April.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1998. "Estimating the Demand for Housing, Land, and Neighbourhood Characteristics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(3), pages 357-82, August.
- Manuel Landajo & Celia Bilbao & Amelia Bilbao, 2012. "Nonparametric neural network modeling of hedonic prices in the housing market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 987-1009, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.