Price convergence of peripheral European countries on the way to the EMU: A time series approach
AbstractThis paper examines price and inflation convergence between three European countries (Italy, Spain and the U.K.) and a European average and, alternatively, between them and Germany from the beginning of the 80's.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Note: received: March 1997/final version received: May 1999
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Camarero, M. & Esteve, V. & Tamarit, C., 1996. "Price Convergence of Periphical European Countries on the Way to the EMU: A Time Series Approach," Weiss Center Working Papers 96-2, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dixit, Avinash, 2001. "Games of monetary and fiscal interactions in the EMU," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 589-613, May.
- Hiranya Nath & Kiril Tochkov, 2013. "Relative inflation dynamics in the new EU member countries of Central and Eastern Europe," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 1-22, August.
- Consuelo Gámez Amián & Amalia Morales Zumaquero., 2002. "Complete or Partial Inflation Convergence in the EU?," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/09, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Tsong, Ching-Chuan & Lee, Cheng-Feng, 2011. "Asymmetric inflation dynamics: Evidence from quantile regression analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 668-680.
- Bulir, Ales & Hurnik, Jaromir, 2006.
"The Maastricht inflation criterion: How unpleasant is purgatory?,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 385-404, December.
- Ales Bulir & JaromÃr HurnÃk, 2006. "The Maastricht Inflation Criterion: How Unpleasant is Purgatory?," IMF Working Papers 06/154, International Monetary Fund.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chang, Chun-Ping, 2009. "Stochastic convergence of per capita carbon dioxide emissions and multiple structural breaks in OECD countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1375-1381, November.
- Bentzen, Jan, 2003. "An empirical analysis of gasoline price convergence for 20 OECD countries," Working Papers 03-19, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Bentzen, Jan & Smith, Valdemar, 2003. "Regional income convergence in the Scandinavian countries," Working Papers 03-20, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Çiçek, Serkan & Akar, Cüneyt, 2013. "The asymmetry of inflation adjustment in Turkey," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 104-118.
- Salvador Gil-Pareja & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, .
"Price Convergence in the European Car Market,"
- Chien-Chiang Lee & Chun-Ping Chang, 2007. "Mean reversion of inflation rates in 19 OECD countries: Evidence from panel Lm unit root tests with structural breaks," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(23), pages 1-15.
- Salvador Gil-Pareja & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, .
"Export Market Integration in the European Union,"
- Hiranya Nath & Kiril Tochkov, 2011. "Relative Inflation in the EU Accession Countries of Central and Eastern Europe," Working Papers 201105, Texas Christian University, Department of Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:23:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Garnett & Lisa Vanderlinden, 2011. "Reflexive Pedagogy: Disciplinary Idioms as Resources for Teaching," Working Papers 201106, Texas Christian University, Department of Economics.
- Ales Bulir & Jaromir Hurnik, 2006. "The Maastricht Inflation Criterion: "Saints" and "Sinners"," Working Papers 2006/8, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.