Why are residential and school moves associated with poor school performance?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 36 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albert Chevan, 1971. "Family growth, household density, and moving," Demography, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 451-458, November.
- Boynton-Jarrett, Renée & Hair, Elizabeth & Zuckerman, Barry, 2013. "Turbulent times: Effects of turbulence and violence exposure in adolescence on high school completion, health risk behavior, and mental health in young adulthood," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 77-86.
- Leventhal, Tama & Newman, Sandra, 2010. "Housing and child development," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1165-1174, September.
- Marco Francesconi & Stephen P. Jenkins & Thomas Siedler, 2006.
"Childhood Family Structure and Schooling Outcomes: Evidence for Germany,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
610, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Marco Francesconi & Stephen Jenkins & Thomas Siedler, 2010. "Childhood family structure and schooling outcomes: evidence for Germany," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 1073-1103, June.
- Francesconi, Marco & Jenkins, Stephen P & Siedler, Thomas, 2005. "Childhood Family Structure and Schooling Outcomes: Evidence for Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 5362, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesconi, Marco & Jenkins, Stephen P. & Siedler, Thomas, 2005. "Childhood Family Structure and Schooling Outcomes: Evidence for Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 1837, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ong, Cheng Boon & De Witte, Kristof, 2013. "The influence of ethnic segregation and school mobility in primary education on high school dropout: Evidence from regression discontinuity at a contextual tipping point," MERIT Working Papers 064, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Darcy Hango, 2005. "Parental investment in childhood and later adult well-being: can more involved parents offset the effects of socioeconomic disadvantage?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6262, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Heather Koball & Robin Dion & rew Gothro & Maura Bardos & Amy Dworsky & Jiffy Lansing & Matthew Stagner & Danijela Korom-Djakovic & Carla Herrera & Alice Elizabeth Manning, 2011. "Synthesis of Research and Resources to Support at-Risk Youth," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7072, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Darcy Hango, 2005. "Parental Investment in Childhood and Later Adult Well-Being: Can More Involved Parents Offset the Effects of Socioeconomic Disadvantage?," CASE Papers 098, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Stiefel, Leanna & Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Conger, Dylan, 2010. "Age of entry and the high school performance of immigrant youth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 303-314, May.
- Kathleen M. Ziol-Guest & Claire McKenna, 2009. "Early Childhood Residential Instability and School Readiness: Evidence from the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study," Working Papers 1195, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Jie Chen, 2013. "Housing tenure, residential mobility and adolescents’ education achievement: evidence from Sweden," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 275-294, February.
- Various Authors, 2004. "Indicators of Child, Family, and Community Connections," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 4250, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Marianne Tønnessen & Kjetil Telle & Astri Syse, 2013. "Childhood residential mobility and adult outcomes," Discussion Papers 750, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2005-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen L. Ross, 2009. "Social Interactions within Cities: Neighborhood Environments and Peer Relationships," Working papers 2009-31, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.