Linear cumulative prospect theory with applications to portfolio selection and insurance demand
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Decisions in Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 30 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10203/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- U Schmidt & H Zank, 2002. "Linear Cumulative Prospect Theory with Applications to Portfolio Selection and Insurance Demand," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0208, Economics, The University of Manchester.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmidt, Ulrich & Horst Zank, 2002.
"Risk Aversion in Cumulative Prospect Theory,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
162, Royal Economic Society.
- Schmidt, Ulrich & Zank, Horst, 2001. "A new axiomatization of rank-dependent expected utility with tradeoff consistency for equally likely outcomes," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 483-491, July.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-91, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Nicholas Barberis & Ming Huang & Tano Santos, 2001. "Prospect Theory And Asset Prices," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 116(1), pages 1-53, February.
- U Schmidt & H Zank, 2002.
"A Simple Model of Cumulative Prospect Theory,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0206, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Cass, David & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1972. "Risk Aversion and Wealth Effects on Portfolios with Many Assets," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 331-54, July.
- Wakker, Peter & Tversky, Amos, 1993. " An Axiomatization of Cumulative Prospect Theory," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 147-75, October.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. " Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Doherty, Neil A & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 1995. "Optimal Insurance without Expected Utility: The Dual Theory and the Linearity of Insurance Contracts," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 157-79, March.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Hong, Chew Soo & Karni, Edi & Safra, Zvi, 1987. "Risk aversion in the theory of expected utility with rank dependent probabilities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 370-381, August.
- Horst Zank, 2010. "On probabilities and loss aversion," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 243-261, March.
- Bernard, Carole & Ghossoub, Mario, 2009. "Static Portfolio Choice under Cumulative Prospect Theory," MPRA Paper 15446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.