Public transport versus private car GIS-based estimation of accessibility applied to the Tel Aviv metropolitan area
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 47 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Maj - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - - - -
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion
- Add - General Economics and Teaching - - - - -
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S L Handy & D A Niemeier, 1997. "Measuring accessibility: an exploration of issues and alternatives," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(7), pages 1175-1194, July.
- Gillian Bristow & John Farrington & Jon Shaw & Tim Richardson, 2009. "Developing an evaluation framework for crosscutting policy goals: the Accessibility Policy Assessment Tool," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(1), pages 48-62, January.
- Dong, Xiaojing & Ben-Akiva, Moshe E. & Bowman, John L. & Walker, Joan L., 2006. "Moving from trip-based to activity-based measures of accessibility," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 163-180, February.
- Wu, Belinda M. & Hine, Julian P., 2003. "A PTAL approach to measuring changes in bus service accessibility," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 307-320, October.
- Rebecca C W Kwok & Anthony G O Yeh, 2004. "The use of modal accessibility gap as an indicator for sustainable transport development," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(5), pages 921-936, May.
- Changshan Wu & Alan T Murray, 2005. "Optimizing public transit quality and system access: the multiple-route, maximal covering/shortest-path problem," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 32(2), pages 163-178, March.
- Mizuki Kawabata & Qing Shen, 2006. "Job accessibility as an indicator of auto-oriented urban structure: a comparison of Boston and Los Angeles with Tokyo," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(1), pages 115-130, January.
- Mizuki Kawabata, 2009. "Spatiotemporal dimensions of modal accessibility disparity in Boston and San Francisco," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(1), pages 183-198, January.
- Bruinsma, F. & Nijkamp, P. & Rietveld, P., 1990. "Infrastructure and metropolitan development in an international perspective : survey and methodological exploration," Serie Research Memoranda 0056, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Mizuki Kawabata, 2003. "Job access and employment among low-skilled autoless workers in US metropolitan areas," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(9), pages 1651-1668, September.
- Kenji Doi & Masanobu Kii & Hitomi Nakanishi, 2008. "An integrated evaluation method of accessibility, quality of life, and social interaction," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(6), pages 1098-1116, November.
- Q Shen, 1998. "Location characteristics of inner-city neighborhoods and employment accessibility of low-wage workers," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(3), pages 345-365, May.
- Golub, Aaron & Robinson, Glenn & Brendan Nee, Brendan Nee, 2013. "Making accessibility analyses accessible: A tool to facilitate the public review of the effects of regional transportation plans on accessibility," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 6(3), pages 17-28.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.