Distinct spatial characteristics of industrial and public research collaborations: evidence from the fifth EU Framework Programme
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 46 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cowan,Robin, 2004. "Network models of innovation and knowledge diffusion," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000.
"Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001. "Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey," LIUC Papers in Economics 84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Frank Van Oort & Roderik Ponds & Koen Frenken, 2006. "The Geographical and Institutional Proximity of Scientific Collaboration Networks," ERSA conference papers ersa06p762, European Regional Science Association.
- Jarno Hoekman & Koen Frenken & Frank van Oort, 2008.
"The geography of collaborative knowledge production in Europe,"
KITeS Working Papers
214, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Feb 2008.
- Jarno Hoekman & Koen Frenken & Frank Oort, 2009. "The geography of collaborative knowledge production in Europe," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 721-738, September.
- Maurseth, Per Botolf & Verspagen, Bart, 2002. " Knowledge Spillovers in Europe: A Patent Citations Analysis," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(4), pages 531-45, December.
- Bottazzi, Laura & Peri, Giovanni, 2003.
"Innovation and spillovers in regions: Evidence from European patent data,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 687-710, August.
- Laura Bottazzi & Giovanni Peri, . "Innovation and Spillovers in Regions: Evidence from European Patent Data," Working Papers 215, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Paul Romer, 1991.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
NBER Working Papers
3210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel & Henderson, Rebecca, 1993. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-98, August.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Pascal Billand & David Frachisse & Nadine Massard, 2007. "Social distance versus spatial distance in R&D cooperation: Empirical evidence from European collaboration choices in micro and nanotechnologies," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 495-519, 08.
- Thomas Scherngell & Michael J. Barber, 2009. "Spatial interaction modelling of cross-region R&D collaborations: empirical evidence from the 5th EU framework programme," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(3), pages 531-546, 08.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Jacques Mairesse & Nadine Massard, 2007. "Spatial knowledge diffusion through collaborative networks," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 341-350, 08.
- Guido Tabellini, 2008.
"The Scope of Cooperation: Values and Incentives,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2236, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tabellini, Guido, 2007. "The Scope of Cooperation: Values and incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 6534, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guido Tabellini, 2007. "The Scope of Cooperation: values and incentives," Working Papers 328, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- James P. LeSage & Manfred M. Fischer & Thomas Scherngell, 2007. "Knowledge spillovers across Europe: Evidence from a Poisson spatial interaction model with spatial effects," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 393-421, 08.
- Manfred M. Fischer & Thomas Scherngell & Eva Jansenberger, 2005. "The Geography of Knowledge Spillovers between High-Technology Firms in Europe - Evidence from a Spatial Interaction Modelling Perspective," ERSA conference papers ersa05p5, European Regional Science Association.
- Mario A. Maggioni & Mario Nosvelli & Teodora Erika Uberti, 2007. "Space versus networks in the geography of innovation: A European analysis," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 471-493, 08.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-40, June.
- Rosamaria D’Amore & Roberto Iorio & Sandrine Labory & Agnieszka Stawinoga, 2012. "How Do The Institutions Involved In Scientific Collaboration Deal With Different Kinds Of Distance? An Analysis Of The Co-Autorships Of Scientific Publications," Working Papers 3_222, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Statistiche, Università degli Studi di Salerno.
- Tom Broekel & Matte Hartog, 2013. "Determinants of cross-regional R and D collaboration networks: an application of exponential random graph models," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2013-04, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Friedrich Dornbusch & Sidonia von Proff & Thomas Brenner, 2013. "The organizational and regional determinants of inter-regional collaborations â€“ Academic inventors as bridging agents," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2013-11, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Tom Broekel & Antje Schimke & Thomas Brenner, 2011. "The effects of cooperative R and D subsidies and subsidized cooperation on employment growth," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2011-04, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Andrea Morescalchi & Fabio Pammolli & Orion Penner & Petersen Alexander M., 2013. "Networks of innovators within and across borders. Evidence from patent data," Working Papers 4/2013, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Aug 2013.
- Andrea Caragliu & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "Space and Knowledge Spillovers in European Regions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-148/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Joan Crespo & Raphaël Suire & Jérôme Vicente, 2013.
"Network structural properties for cluster long run dynamics. Evidence from collaborative R&D networks in the European mobile phone industry,"
Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen)
201336, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Joan Crespo & Raphaël Suire & Jérôme Vicente, 2013. "Network structural properties for cluster long run dynamics. Evidence from collaborative R&D networks in the European mobile phone industry," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1323, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Nov 2013.
- Muhamed Kudic & Katja Guhr, 2013. "Cooperation Events, Ego-Network Characteristics and Firm Innovativeness – Empirical Evidence from the German Laser Industry," IWH Discussion Papers 6, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Andrea Morescalchi & Fabio Pammolli & Orion Penner & Alexander M. Petersen & Massimo Riccaboni, 2014. "The evolution of networks of innovators within and across borders: Evidence from patent data," Working Papers 1/2014, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jan 2014.
- T. Buchmann & D. Hain & Muhamed Kudic & M. Müller, 2014. "Exploring the Evolution of Innovation Networks in Science-driven and Scale-intensive Industries: New Evidence from a Stochastic Actor-based Approach," IWH Discussion Papers 1, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Rosamaria D’Amore & Roberto Iorio & Agnieszka Stawinoga, 2012. "Who And Where Are The Co-Authors? The Relationship Between Institutional And Geographical Distance In Scientific Publications," Working Papers 3_221, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Statistiche, Università degli Studi di Salerno.
- Muhamed Kudic & Andreas Pyka & Marco Sunder, 2013. "Network Formation: R&D Cooperation Propensity and Timing Among German Laser Source Manufacturers," IWH Discussion Papers 9, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Broekel, Tom & Schimke, Antje & Brenner, Thomas, 2011. "The effects of cooperative R&D subsidies and subsidized cooperation on employment growth," Working Paper Series in Economics 34, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Muhamed Kudic & Andreas Pyka & Jutta Günther, 2012. "Determinants of Evolutionary Change Processes in Innovation Networks – Empirical Evidence from the German Laser Industry," IWH Discussion Papers 7, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Hoekman & Frenken, 2013. "Proximity and Stratification in European Scientific Research Collaboration Networks: A Policy Perspective," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 13-04, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Nov 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.