Sustainability, Management and Policy of Public Debt
AbstractThe present scientific work aims at establishing the connection between the sustainability and the management of public debt both as hot stringent issues, and as strategic components of the state public policies. The authors analyze the relationship between public debt and some macroeconomic variables, by using a model structured on two time periods. Also, the study the same relationship based on data concerning public debt as a quota of the GDP (%) and the economic growth as a quota of the GDP (%) in 2009, by applying the econometric models for several European Union members. Therefore, the results of the present research highlight the role played by the debt management in ensuring the debt sustainability and also prove that the connection between the economic growth and the public debt is indirect and only medium strong, due to the results obtained after applying a unifactorial econometric model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ScientificPapers.org in its journal Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): 7 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.scientificpapers.org
sustainability; public debt management; public policies; economic growth; indebtedness level;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H6 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Missale, Alessandro, 1999. "Public Debt Management," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290858.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann & Ugo Panizza, 2007. "Currency Mismatches, Debt Intolerance, and the Original Sin: Why They Are Not the Same and Why It Matters," NBER Chapters, in: Capital Controls and Capital Flows in Emerging Economies: Policies, Practices and Consequences, pages 121-170 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Ghencea).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.