Il capitale sociale nelle regioni italiane: un’analisi comparata
AbstractDrawing on survey data, this study carries out an assessment of the Italian regions’ endowments of social capital and of its relationship with well-being and the quality of development. The contribution of the paper to the literature is threefold: first, we advance a framework for the measurement of social capital acknowledging the very multidimensionality of the concept. Second, we study the correlation between each social capital’s dimension and a series of possible outcomes. Third, we discuss the role of public policies in the creation of social capital.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): 99 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (April-June)
Contact details of provider:
social capital; networks; trust; well-being; Italy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sabatini Fabio, 2011.
"Who trusts Berlusconi? An econometric analysis of the role of television in the political arena,"
0075, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2011. "Who trusts Berlusconi? An econometric analysis of the role of television in the political arena," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2011_08, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Fiorillo, Damiano & Sabatini, Fabio, 2010.
"An exploratory analysis of the relationship between social interactions, income and health in Italy,"
26728, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Damiano Fiorillo & Fabio Sabatini, 2011. "An exploratory analysis of the relationship between social interactions, income and health in Italy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(2), pages 1336-1352.
- Sabatini, Fabio, 2011. "Democracy or videocracy? An econometric analysis of the role of television in the Italian political arena," MPRA Paper 31117, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sabatini, Fabio, 2011.
"The relationship between happiness and health: evidence from Italy,"
30948, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sabatini, Fabio, 2014. "The relationship between happiness and health: Evidence from Italy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 178-187.
- Sabatini, F;, 2011. "The relationship between happiness and health: evidence from Italy," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 11/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Fabio Sabatini, 2012. "Who Trusts B erlusconi? An Econometric Analysis of the Role of Television in the Political Arena," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 111-131, 02.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Luisa Gagliardi & Marco Percoco, 2011. "The Bright Side of Social Capital: How 'Bridging' Makes Italian Provinces More Innovative," SERC Discussion Papers 0096, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.