Influence Of Fdi On Tourism In Croatia
AbstractTourism is one of the most rapidly growing industries in the world. Many developing countries consider it as possibility for raising export earnings. Most important role in the internationalization of production has foreign direct investment. This paper investigates the contribution of FDI (Foreign direct investment) on economic growth, how does it reflect on tourism in Croatia. FDI are important for development of technology, unfortunately most foreign investment went to infrastructure, in terms of high unemployment and stagnating exports priority should be investment in the industrial structure since they have the greatest multiplier effect overall economic growth. Croatian export structure is obsolete. The share of technologically advanced products is small.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia in its journal UTMS Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 2 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
FDI; GDP; tourism in Croatia; foreign investors;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gao, Ting, 2005. "Foreign direct investment and growth under economic integration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 157-174, September.
- Titus O. Awokuse & Keith E. Maskus & Yiting An, 2012.
"Knowledge Capital, International Trade, And Foreign Direct Investment: A Sectoral Analysis,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(3), pages 707-723, 07.
- Titus O. Awokuse & Keith E. Maskus & Yiting An, 2010. "Knowledge-Capital, International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment: A Sectoral Analysis," Working Papers 10-11, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Leonard K. Cheng & Zihui Ma, 2010. "China's Outward Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Chapters, in: China's Growing Role in World Trade, pages 545-578 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Azman-Saini, W.N.W. & Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Law, Siong Hook, 2010. "Foreign direct investment, economic freedom and economic growth: International evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1079-1089, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zoran Ivanovic).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.