The Relationship between FDI and Growth under Economic Integration: Is There One?
In: Proceedings of the Conference on Emerging Economic Issues in a Globalizing World
AbstractThis study is a contribution to the debate on the relationship between FDI and growth. The idea that the alleged link between FDI and growth is rather the consequence of both FDI and growth responding endogenously to economic integration is tested empirically. The results confirm precisely this point: it is not FDI as such but economic integration, in any form or shape that determines growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Izmir University of Economics in its series Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics with number 200818.
FDI; growth; economic integration;
Other versions of this item:
- Marasco, Antonio, 2007. "The Relationship between FDI and growth under economic integration: is there one?," MPRA Paper 5380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- O50 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Ayhan Kose & Eswar Prasad & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Shang-Jin Wei, 2006.
"Financial Globalization: A Reappraisal,"
NBER Working Papers
12484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Eswar Prasad & Kenneth Rogoff & Shang-Jin Wei, 2009. "Financial Globalization: A Reappraisal," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 56(2), pages 143-197, June.
- M Ayhan Kose & Eswar Prasad & Kenneth Rogoff & Shang-Jin Wei, 2009. "Financial Globalization: A Reappraisal," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(1), pages 8-62, April.
- Gao, Ting, 2005. "Foreign direct investment and growth under economic integration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 157-174, September.
- Motta, Massimo & Norman, George, 1996.
"Does Economic Integration Cause Foreign Direct Investment?,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(4), pages 757-83, November.
- Massimo Motta & George Norman, 1993. "Does economic integration cause foreign direct investment?," Economics Working Papers 28, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ayla Ogus Binatli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.