Fonctions de production représentatives de fonctions à complémentarité stricte
AbstractIn this paper, we analyse production function with complementary factors for the case of heterogenous firms. As an illustration, we restrict ourselves to the two factors case and we consider the functions: yi= Min (a1ix1i , a2ix2i), where the technical coefficients vary with the form. Then it is natural to introduce the representative function : y = g (x1, x2 ) = Min (a1x1, a2x2 ), where the average is taken with respect to the technical coefficients. We first characterize the functions which may be interpreted as representative and discuss the possibility to identify the heterogeneity distribution π from the representative production function g. These results are applied to the CES functions. Finally we discuss the notion of more or less heterogenous distribution, we examine how they are linked to heterogenity biases on the substitution coefficients and we use the obtained family of production technologies to introduce an ordering on the distributions of inputs in terms of technical efficiency. Dans cet article, nous analysons des fonctions de production à complémentarité stricte dans le cas d’entreprises hétérogènes. Nous restreignant pour simplifier au cas de deux facteurs, nous avons: yi= Min (a1ix1i , a2ix2i), où les coefficients techniques a1i a2i dépendent de l’entreprise i considérée. Il est alors naturel d’introduire la fonction de production moyenne (ou représentative) définie par : y = g (x1, x2 ) = Min (a1x1, a2x2 ), où la moyenne est prise sur les coefficients techniques.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Société Canadienne de Science Economique in its journal L'Actualité économique.
Volume (Year): 64 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (juin)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bourguignon, Francois, 1979. "Decomposable Income Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 901-20, July.
- Sheshinski, Eytan, 1972. "Relation between a social welfare function and the gini index of income inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 98-100, February.
- Elbers, Chris & Ridder, Geert, 1982. "True and Spurious Duration Dependence: The Identifiability of the Proportional Hazard Model," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 403-09, July.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Chesher, Andrew & Lancaster, Tony, 1983. "The Estimation of Models of Labour Market Behavior," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 609-24, October.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-64, July.
- Chesher, Andrew D, 1984. "Testing for Neglected Heterogeneity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 865-72, July.
- Peaucelle, Irina, 2002. "Capital social et anthroponomie," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 0204, CEPREMAP.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrick González).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.