Relation between a social welfare function and the gini index of income inequality
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 4 (1972)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Louis Kaplow, 2005.
"Why measure inequality?,"
Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 65-79, April.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Andrea Brandolini, 2008.
"On analysing the world distribution of income,"
97, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin, 2006.
"The distribution of wealth and redistributive policies,"
2006 Meeting Papers
368, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jess Benhabib & Alberto Bisin, 2006. "The distribution of wealth and redistributive policies," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000001162, David K. Levine.
- Juan Gabriel Rodríguez, 2006.
"Measuring Bipolarization, Inequality, Welfare and Poverty,"
39, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Juan Gabriel Rodríguez, 2004. "Measuring polarization, inequality, welfare and poverty," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/75, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2013. "Shared prosperity and the mitigation of poverty : in practice and in precept," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6700, The World Bank.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "Efficiency Criteria and the Sen-type Social Welfare Function," Departmental Working Papers wp0114, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Jorge Onrubia Fernández & María del Carmen Rodado Ruíz & Santiago Díaz De Sarralde Míguez & César Pérez López, 2007. "Progresividad y redistribución a través del IRPF español: Un análisis de bienestar social para el periodo 1982-1998," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 183(4), pages 81-124, december.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "Changes In Social Welfare In Singapore - 1982-1999," Departmental Working Papers wp0120, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Kunihiro Kimura, 1994. "A micro-macro linkage in the measurement of inequality: Another look at the Gini coefficient," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 83-97, February.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "A Generalised Social Welfare Function and its Disaggregation by Components of Income: The Method and Application," Departmental Working Papers wp0121, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Gourieroux, C. & Peaucelle, I., 1988. "Fonctions de production représentatives de fonctions à complémentarité stricte," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 64(2), pages 209-230, juin.
- Elchanan Ben Porath & Itzhak Gilboa, 1991.
"Linear Measures, the Gini Index and the Income-Equality Tradeoff,"
944, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Porath Elchanan Ben & Gilboa Itzhak, 1994. "Linear Measures, the Gini Index, and The Income-Equality Trade-off," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 443-467, December.
- Kwang Soo Cheong, 1999. "A Note on the Interpretation and Application of the Gini Coefficient," Working Papers 199901, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Delgado Rivero, Francisco J., 2005. "IRPF común y foral: Un análisis regional/Common and Foral Income Tax: A Regional Analysis," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 23, pages 521-536, Agosto.
- A. Atkinson, 2008. "More on the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 277-283, September.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "A Generalized Social Welfare Function, its Decomposition and Application," Departmental Working Papers wp0119, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.