Recession and Work-Life Balance Initiatives
AbstractOver the last six decades work-life balance has emerged as an important human resource management aspect for employers. Globally, a wide gamut of work-life balance facilities is being provided by a large number of organisations. Recent economic downturn has witnessed a sudden interruption in the spread and growth of work-life balance facilities at organisational level. This paper presents the key recessionary reasons which have negatively influenced employee work-life balance. Further, important recession specific benefits which organisations can avail due to enhanced employee work-life balance have been presented followed by suggestions for adapting work-life balance facilities under current economic downturn as well as in any such situation in the future.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest in its journal Romanian Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 13 (2010)
Issue (Month): 37 (September)
Work-life balance; recession; work-life balance benefits; employee benefits; employee engagement;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executive Compensation
- M5 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.