Internationalising the Renminbi
AbstractThe Chinese authorities have introduced reforms over the past few years aimed at increasing the use of the renminbi (RMB) in international trade and investment. This article outlines the recent developments, focusing in particular on the offshore market for RMB and the RMB trade settlement scheme. These initiatives have been supported by the signing of bilateral local currency swap agreements between the People’s Bank of China (PBC) and other central banks, including the Reserve Bank of Australia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Reserve Bank of Australia in its journal RBA Bulletin.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): (June)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert McCauley, 2011.
"Renminbi internationalisation and China's financial development,"
BIS Quarterly Review,
Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Robert N. McCauley, 2013. "Renminbi internationalisation and China’s financial development," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 101-115, May.
- Franklin Allen & Jun “QJ” Qian & Chenying Zhang & Mengxin Zhao, 2012.
"China’s Financial System: Opportunities and Challenges,"
NBER Working Papers
17828, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franklin Allen & Jun & Chenying Zhang & Mengxin Zhao, 2012. "China's Financial System: Opportunities and Challenges," NBER Chapters, in: Capitalizing China, pages 63-143 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lien, Donald & Yang, Li & Zhou, Chunyang & Lee, Geul, 2014. "Co-movement between RMB and New Taiwan Dollars: Evidences from NDF markets," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 265-272.
- Alexander Ballantyne & Megan Garner & Michelle Wright, 2013. "Developments in Renminbi Internationalisation," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 65-74, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.