Econometric Modelling For Simulating The Economic Impact Of Structural Reforms In Romania: A Pilot Project
AbstractThe aim of this research to set up a system which helps to estimate the impact of public funding from projects. The impact depends on all factors affecting demand for the good or service provided under the structural intervention at stake. Thus, the present research provides a pilot econometric model for simulating the main mechanisms that lead to public investment impact from the perspective of 42 counties for the year 2006. The importance of this time span is due to the fact that it represents the end of the second programming period for European Union funds and it reveals the impact of economic structural measures at microeconomic level. Data observed to estimate the linear regression model contain at least 50 observations and the t test, the F test and the coefficients of determination are used to analyse the worthiness of the model after prior estimation of the parameters. Findings showed that the independent element of the model is unbiased, whilst the regression coefficient is biased.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian-American University in its journal Romanian Economic and Business Review.
Volume (Year): 4 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (Winter)
econometric modeling; public spending; evaluation; monitoring; pilot project; micoreconomics;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juan Mora & Daniel Miles, 2002.
"On The Performance Of Nonparametric Specification Tests In Regression Models,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2002-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Miles, Daniel & Mora, Juan, 2003. "On the performance of nonparametric specification tests in regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 477-490, March.
- Kevin Hoover & Harris Dellas, 2003.
"Truth and Robustness in Cross-country Growth Regressions,"
11, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Kevin D. Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, 2004. "Truth and Robustness in Cross-country Growth Regressions," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(5), pages 765-798, December.
- Kevin D. Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, . "Truth and Robustness in Cross-country Growth Regressions," Department of Economics 01-01, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Amendola, Alessandra & Francq, Christian & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2006. "Special Issue on Nonlinear Modelling and Financial Econometrics," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2115-2117, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alex Tabusca).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.