Social Enterprises and Local Production Systems
AbstractThis paper explores the relationship between social enterprises and local production systems, starting from the fact that today the industrial districts themselves are no longer able to ensure the territorial cohesion which had been a decisive factor in their success. There is a growing need to make use of social goods in a personalized way, often satisfied by the local nonprofit sector. The need is therefore for governance at the local level, with dialogue between the manufacturing system and the services for the population, extending to all the people involved.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Associazione Rossi Doria in its journal QA.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Human capital; Nonprofit institutions; Human development; Economic development; Capitalist enterprises; Cooperative enterprises;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- P12 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Capitalist Enterprises
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.