Proprietary and Corporate Structures in Italian Agriculture
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to describe recent developments in ownership and management structures in the Italian agricultural sector. We analyze trends in the number of holdings by legal status and the rapid increase in the transition from single to corporate structures. Then we use the Rica microdata to assess the diffusion of different combinations of ownership and management structures among farms and to model their choices. Our results confirm the hypothesis that large scale and specialization in the production of livestock and capital intensive crops increase the probability of relying on complex ownership and management structures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Associazione Rossi Doria in its journal QA.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Corporate structure; Ownership and management; Legal forms;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allen, Douglas W & Lueck, Dean, 1998. "The Nature of the Farm," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 343-86, October.
- Ferto, Imre & Fogarasi, Jozsef, 2005.
"The Choice of Farm Organisation. A Hungarian Case,"
94th Seminar, April 9-10, 2005, Ashford, UK
24420, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.