Structural Changes in Italian Firms and Reactions to the Present Crisis
AbstractThe article brings into focus the main structural changes that have taken place in the Italian manufacturing enterprises in the last few years with the aim of ascertaining the firms’ reactions to the present crisis. During the period 2004-2007 Italian export firms showed a positive response to the previous years of “decline” (2001-2003) thanks to organizational changes, innovation and a better quality of exported products. The present crisis implies important strategic changes for all firms, and not only the exporting firms. Priority must go to demand control, considering both the consumers’ new needs and the necessity to enter into alliances with other firms, including competitors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Associazione Rossi Doria in its journal QA.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Firm Organization and Market Structure; Industries Studies; Manufacturing; General;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Anna Giunta & Domenico Scalera, 2007.
"L'impresa subfornitrice: redditività, produttività e divari territoriali,"
ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore,
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(3), pages 123-146.
- Anna Giunta & Domenico Scalera, 2007. "L'impresa subfornitrice:redditività,produttività e divari territoriali," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0076, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- André Sapir, 2005. "Un modello obsoleto? Crescita e specializzone dell'economia italiana," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8122, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.