Profiles of Internet Buyers in 20 Countries: Evidence for Region-Specific Strategies
AbstractThe prospect of an emerging global Internet consumer entices many internationalizing organizations as it would enable standardization of Internet strategies on a worldwide basis. A sample of advanced Internet users from 20 countries shows differences in beliefs, attitudes, perceptions, and Internet buying behavior depending on user experience, and home country or region. There were important differences after controlling for social, cultural and macro-economic variables. Implications for a regional approach to global e-commerce strategies are discussed.© 2001 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (2001) 32, 725–748
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 32 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reuber, A. Rebecca & Fischer, Eileen, 2011. "International entrepreneurship in internet-enabled markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 660-679.
- Glavas, Charmaine & Mathews, Shane, 2014. "How international entrepreneurship characteristics influence Internet capabilities for the international business processes of the firm," International Business Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 228-245.
- Puck, Jonas F & Mohr, Alexander T & Holtbrügge, Dirk, 2006. "Cultural convergence through web-based management techniques? The case of corporate web site recruiting," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 181-195, June.
- Yamin, Mohammad & Sinkovics, Rudolf R., 2006. "Online internationalisation, psychic distance reduction and the virtuality trap," International Business Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 339-360, August.
- Doern, Rachel R. & Fey, Carl F., 2006. "E-commerce developments and strategies for value creation: The case of Russia," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 315-327, December.
- Daniel Belingher & Cantemir Adrian Calin, 2011. "The Behaviour Of The Digital Consumer," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 2, pages 26-33, May.
- Fritz, Wolfgang & Dees, Heiko, 2004. "Die Standardisierung des internationalen E-Marketing von Handelsunternehmen: Erste Ergebnisse eines Forschungsprojekts," Working Papers, Technische UniversitÃ¤t Braunschweig, Institute of Marketing 04/01, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institute of Marketing.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.