Transfer Pricing Determinants of U.S. Multinationals
AbstractThis paper examines the influence of environmental and firm-specific variables on the selection of international transfer pricing strategies. The primary data were obtained from 164 multinational enterprises by means of a questionnaire. Responses were analyzed by performing factor analysis and constructing a probit model. The findings suggest that legal constraints and firm size are significant determinants in the selection of international transfer pricing strategies by U.S. multinationals.© 1990 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1990) 21, 409–425
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 21 (1990)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akinori Tomohara, 2002. "Externalities of Non-Cooperative Tax Policy in the Globally Integrated Market," Economics Working Paper Archive 476, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Chan, K. Hung & Chow, Lynne, 1997. "An empirical study of tax audits in China on international transfer pricing," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 83-112, May.
- Demirbag, Mehmet & Frecknall-Hughes, Jane & Glaister, Keith W. & Tatoglu, Ekrem, 2013. "Ethics and taxation: A cross-national comparison of UK and Turkish firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 100-111.
- Jost, Sven P., 2009.
"Transfer Pricing Risk Awareness of Multinational Corporations: Evidence from a Global Survey,"
Working Papers in Economics and Finance
2009-6, University of Salzburg, revised 07 Dec 2009.
- Sven P. Jost, 2009. "Transfer Pricing Risk Awareness of Multinational Corporations - Evidence from a Global Survey," Working Papers 2009-21, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Cravens, Karen S. & Shearon, Winston Jr., 1996. "An outcome-based assessment of international transfer pricing policy," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 419-443.
- Zeki Dogan & Ali Deran & Ayse Gül Köksal, 2013. "Factors Influencing the Selection of Methods and Determination of Transfer Pricing in Multinational Companies: A Case Study of United Kingdom," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 734-742.
- Borkowski, Susan C., 1996. "An analysis (meta- and otherwise) of multinational transfer pricing research," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 39-53.
- Cravens, Karen S., 1997. "Examining the role of transfer pricing as a strategy for multinational firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 127-145, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.