A Cost Function for Higher Education in Australia
AbstractThis study estimates a cost function for higher education in Australian universities using pooled series of cross-sectional data. The study enabled the quantification of the cost differences between levels of studies and subject areas. The resulting cost function is used to derive estimates of the overall cost of providing higher education to overseas students.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School in its journal Australian Journal of Labour Economics.
Volume (Year): 6 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: GPO Box U1987, Perth WA 6845
Web page: http://business.curtin.edu.au/research/publications/journals/ajle/
More information through EDIRC
Education; Government Policy Production and Organizations: General Market Structure and Pricing: General;
Other versions of this item:
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Throsby, C D, 1986. "Cost Functions for Australian Universities," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(47), pages 175-92, December.
- Gerd Grözinger, 2003. "Die Finanzsituation norddeutscher Universitäten: ökonomische und politische Schlussfolgerungen auf der Basis eines Ausstattungsvergleichs," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 72(2), pages 271-288.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alan Duncan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.