Macroeconomic Adjustment to Capital Inflows: Lessons from Recent Latin American and East Asian Experience
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Bank Group in its journal World Bank Research Observer.
Volume (Year): 11 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://wbro.oxfordjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen Reinhart & Guillermo Calvo, 1992.
"Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors,"
IMF Working Papers
92/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1993. "Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(1), pages 108-151, March.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1993. "“Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors," MPRA Paper 7125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Corden, W M, 1984. "Booming Sector and Dutch Disease Economics: Survey and Consolidation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 359-80, November.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-25, June.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1994.
"The Capital Inflows Problem: Concepts And Issues,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(3), pages 54-66, 07.
- Márcio Gomes Pinto Garcia & Bernando S. de M. Carvalho, 2006.
"Ineffective controls on capital inflows under sophisticated financial markets: Brazil in the nineties,"
Textos para discussÃ£o
516, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Bernardo S. de M. Carvalho & Márcio G. P. Garcia, 2008. "Ineffective Controls on Capital Inflows under Sophisticated Financial Markets: Brazil in the Nineties," NBER Chapters, in: Financial Markets Volatility and Performance in Emerging Markets, pages 29-96 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernardo S. de M. Carvalho & Márcio G.P. Garcia, 2006. "Ineffective Controls on Capital Inflows Under Sophisticated Financial Markets: Brazil in the Nineties," NBER Working Papers 12283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernardo S. de M. Carvalho & Márcio G. P. Garcia, 2006. "Ineffective Controls On Capital Inflows Under Sophisticated Financial Markets: Brazil In The Nineties," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 58, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Ibarra, Carlos A., 2011. "Capital Flows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2080-2090.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Thanoon, Marwan Abdul-Malik, 2006. "Foreign capital flows and economic growth in East Asian countries," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 70-83.
- Schweickert, Rainer, 1998. "Chancen und Risiken eines Currency Board Systems," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1786, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Fedderke, J. W., 2002. "The virtuous imperative: modeling capital flows in the presence of non-linearity," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 445-461, May.
- Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P., 1999. "Hot money, accounting labels and the permanence of capital flows to developing countries: an empirical investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 337-364, August.
- L. Sarno & M. P. Taylor, 2003. "An empirical investigation of asset price bubbles in Latin American emerging financial markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(9), pages 635-643.
- Graham Bird, 1999. "How important is sound domestic macroeconomics in attracting capital inflows to developing countries?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 1-26.
- Cunado, Juncal & Gracia, Fernando Perez de, 2005. "Current account and productivity: evidence for some European countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 75-89, February.
- Sfia, Mohamed Daly, 2007. "Régimes de change: Le chemin vers la flexibilité," MPRA Paper 4085, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- W. Jos Jansen, 2003. "What Do Capital Inflows Do? Dissecting the Transmission Mechanism for Thailand, 1980-96," Macroeconomics 0309012, EconWPA.
- Jansen, W. Jos, 2003. "What do capital inflows do? Dissecting the transmission mechanism for Thailand, 1980-1996," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 457-480, December.
- Indrani Chakraborty, 2001. "Economic reforms, capital inflows and macro economic impact in India," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 311, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Fernando Pérez de Gracia & Juncal Cuñado, .
"Intertemporal Current Account and Productivity Shocks: Evidence for Some European Countries,"
Working Papers on International Economics and Finance
- Fernando Perez de Gracia & Juncal Cuñado, 2001. "Intertemporal Current Account And Productivity Shocks: Evidence For Some European Countries," Working Papers 01-05, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Timothy Bond, 1998. "Capital Flows to Asia: The Role of Monetary Policy," Empirica, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 165-182, January.
- Shinji Takagi & Taro Esaka, 2001. "Sterilization and the Capital Inflow Problem in East Asia, 1987–97," NBER Chapters, in: Regional and Global Capital Flows: Macroeconomics Causes and Consequences, NBER-EASE Volume 10, pages 197-226 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard, 1998. "Capital inflows, external shocks, and the real exchange rate," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 713-740, October.
- Lenno Uusküla & Peeter Luikmel & Jana Kask, 2005. "Critical Levels of Debt?," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2005-3, Bank of Estonia, revised 10 Oct 2005.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2001. "International Liquidity Illusion: On the Risks of Sterilization," NBER Working Papers 8141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nikolai Flexner, 2003. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth in Bolivia, 1990- 1998," Macroeconomics 0309009, EconWPA, revised 26 Nov 2003.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.