Markets for Electricity in Europe
AbstractCompetition in the electricity industry requires properly functioning wholesale markets. This paper discusses the better-established electricity markets of Europe, in the Nordic countries, England and Wales, and Spain. The different market designs can all produce efficient outcomes, if not hindered by market power. Long-term contracts provide some defence against market power, and give price stability to promote investment. Competition in electricity retailing may discourage retailers from signing long-term contracts in future. Copyright 2001, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Oxford Review of Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 17 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://oxrep.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hu, X. & Ralph, D. & Ralph, E.K. & Bardsley, P. & Ferris, M.C., 2004. "Electricity Generation with Looped Transmission Networks: Bidding to an ISO," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0470, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Graziella Marzi, 2003. "Luci ed ombre: concorrenza e regolazione nel settore elettrico. Gli orientamenti europei e nazionali," Working Papers 69, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2003.
- Finon, Dominique, 2006. "Incentives to invest in liberalised electricity industries in the North and South. Differences in the need for suitable institutional arrangements," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 601-618, March.
- Mª Dolores Furió Ortega & Julio Lucia López, . "Congestion management rules and trading strategies," Studies on the Spanish Economy 222, FEDEA.
- Furió, Dolores & Lucia, Julio J., 2009. "Congestion management rules and trading strategies in the Spanish electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 48-60, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.