Nonparametric Estimation of a Multifactor Heath-Jarrow-Morton Model: An Integrated Approach
AbstractWe propose a new nonparametric estimator for the volatility structure of the zero-coupon yield curve inside the Heath-Jarrow-Morton framework. The estimator incorporates cross-sectional restrictions along the maturity dimension, and also allows for measurement errors, which can arise from estimation of the yield curve from noisy data. The estimates are implemented with daily CRSP bond data. Copyright 2004, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Financial Econometrics in its journal Journal of Financial Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 2 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://jfec.oxfordjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Oliver Linton & E. Mammen & J. Nielsen, 1997.
"The Existence and Asymptotic Properties of a Backfitting Projection Algorithm Under Weak Conditions,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1160, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Linton, Oliver & Mammen, E. & Nielsen, J., 1999. "The existence and asymptotic properties of a backfitting projection algorithm under weak conditions," Open Access publications from London School of Economics and Political Science http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Oliver Linton & Enno Mammen & N Nielsen, 2000. "The Existence and Asymptotic Properties of a Backfitting Projection Algorithm under Weak Conditions," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2000/386, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Michael J. Brennan and Eduardo S. Schwartz., 1979. "A Continuous-Time Approach to the Pricing of Bonds," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 85, University of California at Berkeley.
- Knight, John & Li, Fuchun & Yuan, Mingwei, 1999. "Pricing Interest Rate Derivatives in a Non-Parametric Two-Factor Term-Structure Model," Working Papers 99-19, Bank of Canada.
- Stanton, Richard, 1997. " A Nonparametric Model of Term Structure Dynamics and the Market Price of Interest Rate Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1973-2002, December.
- McCulloch, J Huston, 1971.
"Measuring the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 19-31, January.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to estimate term structure with cubic splines," Statistical Software Components RTZ00019, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Pearson, Neil D & Sun, Tong-Sheng, 1994. " Exploiting the Conditional Density in Estimating the Term Structure: An Application to the Cox, Ingersoll, and Ross Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1279-1304, September.
- Robinson, Peter M., 1997. "Large-sample inference for nonparametric regression with dependent errors," Open Access publications from London School of Economics and Political Science http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- McCulloch, J Huston, 1975. "The Tax-Adjusted Yield Curve," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 811-30, June.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-92.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-29, December.
- D. P. Kennedy, 1994. "The Term Structure Of Interest Rates As A Gaussian Random Field," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 247-258.
- Bandi, Federico & Moloche, Guillermo, 2008. "On the functional estimation of multivariate diffusion processes," MPRA Paper 43681, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jiang, George J. & Knight, John L., 1997. "A Nonparametric Approach to the Estimation of Diffusion Processes, With an Application to a Short-Term Interest Rate Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(05), pages 615-645, October.
- Schaefer, Stephen M. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1984. "A Two-Factor Model of the Term Structure: An Approximate Analytical Solution," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(04), pages 413-424, December.
- Inui, Koji & Kijima, Masaaki, 1998. "A Markovian Framework in Multi-Factor Heath-Jarrow-Morton Models," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(03), pages 423-440, September.
- Boudoukh, Jacob, et al, 1997. "Pricing Mortgage-Backed Securities in a Multifactor Interest Rate Environment: A Multivariate Density Estimation Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 405-46.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1992. " Interest Rate Volatility and the Term Structure: A Two-Factor General Equilibrium Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1259-82, September.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1979. "A continuous time approach to the pricing of bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 133-155, July.
- de Jong, Frank & Santa-Clara, Pedro, 1999. "The Dynamics of the Forward Interest Rate Curve: A Formulation with State Variables," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 131-157, March.
- Xu, Ke-Li, 2010. "Reweighted Functional Estimation Of Diffusion Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 541-563, April.
- Renò, Roberto, 2008. "Nonparametric Estimation Of The Diffusion Coefficient Of Stochastic Volatility Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(05), pages 1174-1206, October.
- Jun Yu, 2009.
"Econometric Analysis of Continuous Time Models: A Survey of Peter Phillips' Work and Some New Results,"
CoFie-04-2009, Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics.
- Jun YU, 2009. "Econometric Analysis of Continuous Time Models: A Survey of Peter Phillips' Work and Some New Results," Working Papers 21-2009, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Jun Yu, 2009. "Econometric Analysis of Continuous Time Models : A Survey of Peter PhillipsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Work and Some New Results," Microeconomics Working Papers 23046, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kristensen, Dennis, 2008. "Estimation of partial differential equations with applications in finance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 392-408, June.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Jun Yu, 2005. "Comments on “A Selective Overview of Nonparametric Methods in Financial Econometrics” by Jianqing Fan," Working Papers 08-2005, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.