A dynamic model of on-farm integrated nitrogen management
AbstractWe present a dynamic model of on-farm nitrogen fertilisation management that allows for a structural relationship between land allocation decisions and nitrogen carry-over from previous crops. We derive conditions for efficient inter-temporal nitrogen management in a multi-crop setting, and suggest an empirical testing procedure for crop rotation patterns based on farm-level data. Nitrogen carry-over indexes and production parameters are estimated by the Generalised Method of Moments using panel data for a sample of French farmers. Copyright 2003, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lambert, Dayton M. & Lowenberg-DeBoer, James & Malzer, Gary L., 2005. "Managing Phosphorous Soil Dynamics Over Space And Time," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19452, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sébastien Foudi, 2012. "Exploitation of soil biota ecosystem services in agriculture: a bioeconomic approach," Working Papers 2012-02, BC3.
- FOUDI Sebastien, 2006. "Agriculture and Resource Exploitation: A Dynamic Bioeconomic Model of Agricultural Effort and Land Use Determination," LERNA Working Papers 06.25.218, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Letort, Elodie & Carpentier, Alain, 2009. "On Modelling Acreage Decisions within the Multinomial Logit Framework," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51615, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hennessy, David A., 2004.
"On Monoculture and the Structure of Crop Rotations,"
Staff General Research Papers
12004, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David A. Hennessy, 2006. "On Monoculture and the Structure of Crop Rotations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(4), pages 900-914.
- David A. Hennessy, 2004. "On Monoculture and the Structure of Crop Rotations," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 04-wp369, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Alain Carpentier & Elodie Letort, 2009. "Modeling acreage decisions within the multinomial Logit framework," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 200917, INRA UMR SMART.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.