Intrapreneurship, Competition and Company Efficiency
AbstractThis paper investigates intrapreneurship, competition and company efficiency in large Slovenian companies in order to provide firm-level evidence and management implications on the extent to which companies exploit available internal business potentials. The survey data for the sample of large Slovenian companies and statistical methodology are used to analyse the association between intrapreneurship, competition and company efficiency. The empirical results confirmed the significant impact of the internal business potentials on the operating results of the analysed companies. The utilization rate of internal business potentials was only partially or ill-used, reflecting the internal potential source of unused business opportunities as one of possible ways to improve competitive advantage and company efficiency. The empirical results imply the importance of long-term managerial strategy towards innovation and encouraging creativity as the basis for successful internal corporate business strategy to improve competitive advantage and company efficiency.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper in its journal Managing Global Transitions.
Volume (Year): 11 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (Summer) ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Audretsch, David B. & Keilbach, Max C. & Lehmann, Erik E., 2006. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183511.
- Parker, Simon C., 2009.
"Intrapreneurship or Entrepreneurship?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4195, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bostjan Antoncic & Otmar Zorn, 2004. "The Mediating Role of Corporate Entrepreneurship in the Organizational Support–Performance Relationship: An Empirical Examination," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 2(1), pages 5-14.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Filatotchev, Igor & Wright, Mike, 2009. "How do threshold firms sustain corporate entrepreneurship? The role of boards and absorptive capacity," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 248-260, May.
- David Audretsch & Max Keilbach, 2004. "Entrepreneurship and regional growth: an evolutionary interpretation," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 605-616, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.