Do Large Banks Have Lower Costs? New Estimates of Returns to Scale for U.S. Banks
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell Publishing in its journal Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
Volume (Year): 44 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (02)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davide Fiaschi & Imre Kondor & Matteo Marsili, 2013. "The Interrupted Power Law and The Size of Shadow Banking," Papers 1309.2130, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2013.
- Vallascas, Francesco & Keasey, Kevin, 2012. "Bank resilience to systemic shocks and the stability of banking systems: Small is beautiful," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1745-1776.
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Adrian Van Rixtel, 2013. "Structural bank regulation initiatives: approaches and implications," BIS Working Papers 412, Bank for International Settlements.
- Andrew Lee Smith, 2013. "House Prices, Heterogeneous Banks and Unconventional Monetary Policy Options," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201311, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 2013. "Measuring the performance of banks: theory, practice, evidence, and some policy implications," Working Papers 13-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph J. Hughes & Loretta Mester, 2011.
"Who Said Large Banks Don't Experience Scale Economies? Evidence from a Risk-Return-Driven Cost Function,"
Departmental Working Papers
201127, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 2013. "Who said large banks don’t experience scale economies? Evidence from a risk-return-driven cost function," Working Papers 13-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester, 2011. "Who said large banks don't experience scale economies? Evidence from a risk-return-driven cost function," Working Papers 11-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.