Estimating substitution elasticities with the Fourier cost function : Some Monte Carlo results
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 28 (1985)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan K. Yoder & Adrienne M. Ohler & Hayley H. Chouinard, 2012. "What floats your boat? Preference revelation from lotteries over complex goods," Working Papers 2012-4, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Tai-Hsin Huang & Chung-Hua Shen & Kuan-Chen Chen & Shen-Ju Tseng, 2011. "Measuring technical and allocative efficiencies for banks in the transition countries using the Fourier flexible cost function," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 143-157, April.
- GianCarlo Moschini, 2000.
"Flexible Multistage Demand System Based on Indirect Separability, A,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
00-wp265, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 2001. "Flexible Multistage Demand System Based on Indirect Separability, A," Staff General Research Papers 1921, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Thompson, Gary D., 1988. "Choice Of Flexible Functional Forms: Review And Appraisal," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(02), December.
- Altunbas, Y. & Gardener, E. P. M. & Molyneux, P. & Moore, B., 2001. "Efficiency in European banking," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1931-1955, December.
- Paul W. Wilson & Kathleen Carey, 2004. "Nonparametric analysis of returns to scale in the US hospital industry," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 505-524.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul Wilson, 2007.
"Non-parametric, unconditional quantile estimation for efficiency analysis with an application to Federal Reserve check processing operations,"
2005-027, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2008. "Non-parametric, unconditional quantile estimation for efficiency analysis with an application to Federal Reserve check processing operations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 209-225, July.
- Tai-Hsin Huang & Mei-Hui Wang, 2004. "Estimation of scale and scope economies in multiproduct banking: evidence from the Fourier flexible functional form with panel data," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(11), pages 1245-1253.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T. & Pope, Rulon D, 2006.
"Full rank rational demand systems,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
1021, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T & Pope, Rulon D., 2006. "Full Rank Rational Demand Systems," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt8qx7n6p9, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- McLean-Meyinsse, Patricia E. & Okunade, Albert Ade., 1989. "Factor Demands Of Louisiana Rice Producers: An Econometric Investigation: Reply," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
- Shaikh, Sabina L., 1998. "A Whale Of A Good Time: Exploring Flexibility In The Recreation Demand Model," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20826, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Driscoll, Paul J., 1994. "When Flexible Forms Are Asked To Flex Too Much," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Guohua Feng & Apostolos Serletis, 2009. "Efficiency and productivity of the US banking industry, 1998-2005: evidence from the Fourier cost function satisfying global regularity conditions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 105-138.
- Douglas Fisher & Adrian R. Fleissig & Apostolos Serletis, 2001. "An empirical comparison of flexible demand system functional forms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 59-80.
- Fleissig, Adrian R. & Kastens, Terry & Terrell, Dek, 1997. "Semi-nonparametric estimates of substitution elasticities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 209-215, July.
- Hilmer, Christiana E. & Holt, Matthew T., 2000. "A Comparison Of Resampling Techniques When Parameters Are On A Boundary: The Bootstrap, Subsample Bootstrap, And Subsample Jackknife," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21810, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fleissig, Adrian R. & Kastens, Terry & Terrell, Dek, 2000. "Evaluating the semi-nonparametric fourier, aim, and neural networks cost functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 235-244, September.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul Wilson, 2009. "Robust, dynamic nonparametric benchmarking: the evolution of cost-productivity and efficiency among U.S. credit unions," Working Papers 2009-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- S. Carbo & E. P. M. Gardener & J. Williams, 2003. "A note on technical change in banking: the case of European savings banks," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 705-719.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.