Correlations between industrial demands (direct and total) for communications and transportation in the U.S. economy 1947–1997
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Transportation.
Volume (Year): 35 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=103007
Complementarity; ICT impacts on travel; Input–output analysis; Substitution;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1999.
"Bar codes lead to frequent deliveries and superstores,"
Staff Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
261, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Holmes, Thomas J, 2001. "Bar Codes Lead to Frequent Deliveries and Superstores," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 708-25, Winter.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia & Meenakshisundaram, Ravikumar, 1999. "Beyond Tele-Substitution: Disaggregate Longitudinal Structural Equations Modeling of Communication Impacts," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis qt4hg365gh, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 1990. "A Typology of Relationships Between Telecommunications And Transportation," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4rx589m0, University of California Transportation Center.
- Kannan Srinivasan & Sundar Kekre & Tridas Mukhopadhyay, 1994. "Impact of Electronic Data Interchange Technology on JIT Shipments," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 40(10), pages 1291-1304, October.
- Choo, Sangho & Mokhtarian, Patricia L, 2008.
"Telecommunications and travel demand and supply: Aggregate structural equation models for the US,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt6q8518s4, University of California Transportation Center.
- Choo, Sangho & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2007. "Telecommunications and travel demand and supply: Aggregate structural equation models for the US," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 4-18, January.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia L. & Handy, Susan L. & Salomon, Ilan, 1995.
"Methodological issues in the estimation of the travel, energy, and air quality impacts of telecommuting,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 283-302, July.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia & Handy, Susan & Salomon, Ilan, 1995. "Methodological Issues in the Estimation of the Travel, Energy, and Air Quality Impacts of Telecommuting," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis qt44n3k2jp, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Eric T. G. Wang & Abraham Seidmann, 1995. "Electronic Data Interchange: Competitive Externalities and Strategic Implementation Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 41(3), pages 401-418, March.
- Plaut, Pnina O., 1997. "Transportation-communications relationships in industry," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 419-429, November.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1988. " Communication and Inventory as Substitutes in Organizing Production," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(3), pages 275-89.
- Selvanathan, E. A. & Selvanathan, Saroja, 1994. "The demand for transport and communication in the United Kingdom and Australia," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-9, February.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "The Economics of Modern Manufacturing: Technology, Strategy, and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 511-28, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.