Does securities regulation constrain small business finance? An empirical analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 31 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
Small business finance; Constraint; Securities regulation; Private placement; K22; G38; G32; L26;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bayless, Mark & Chaplinsky, Susan, 1996. " Is There a Window of Opportunity for Seasoned Equity Issuance?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 253-78, March.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2005.
"Firm Growth and Liquidity Constraints: A Dynamic Analysis,"
GEMF Working Papers
2005-07, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2006. "Firm Growth and Liquidity Constraints: A Dynamic Analysis," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 139-156, October.
- Michelle Lowry & G. William Schwert, 2002.
"IPO Market Cycles: Bubbles or Sequential Learning?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1171-1200, 06.
- Michelle Lowry & G. William Schwert, 2000. "IPO Market Cycles: Bubbles or Sequential Learning?," NBER Working Papers 7935, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Choe, Hyuk & Masulis, Ronald W. & Nanda, Vikram, 1993. "Common stock offerings across the business cycle : Theory and evidence," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-31, June.
- Paul Gompers & Anna Kovner & Josh Lerner & David Scharfstein, 2005.
"Venture Capital Investment Cycles: The Impact of Public Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
11385, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gompers, Paul & Kovner, Anna & Lerner, Josh & Scharfstein, David, 2008. "Venture capital investment cycles: The impact of public markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Giudici, Giancarlo & Paleari, Stefano, 2000. " The Provision of Finance to Innovation: A Survey Conducted among Italian Technology-Based Small Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 37-53, February.
- Helwege, Jean & Liang, Nellie, 2004. "Initial Public Offerings in Hot and Cold Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(03), pages 541-569, September.
- Cécile Carpentier & Jean-Marc Suret, 2009. "Private Placements by Small Public Entities: Canadian Experience," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-12, CIRANO.
- Liang, Hsiao-Chen & Jang, Woan-Yuh, 2013. "Information asymmetry and monitoring in equity private placements," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 460-475.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.