Dancing in the dark: post-trade anonymity, liquidity and informed trading
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 34 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Anonymity; Liquidity; Information based trading; G14;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thierry Foucault & Sophie Moinas & Erik Theissen, 2007.
"Does Anonymity Matter in Electronic Limit Order Markets?,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 20(5), pages 1707-1747, 2007 28.
- Foucault, Thierry & Moinas, Sophie & Theissen, Erik, 2004. "Does Anonymity Matter in Electronic Limit Order Markets?," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 3, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Foucault, Thierry & Moinas, Sophie & Theissen, Erik, 2005. "Does anonymity matter in electronic limit order markets?," CFR Working Papers 05-15, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Thierry, FOUCAULT & Sophie, MOINAS & Erik, THEISSEN, 2003. "Does anonymity matter in electronic limit order markets ?," Les Cahiers de Recherche 784, HEC Paris.
- Foucault, Thierry & Moinas, Sophie & Theissen, Erik, 2003. "Does Anonymity Matter in Electronic Limit Order Markets?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4091, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hans R. Stoll, 2000. "Presidential Address: Friction," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1479-1514, 08.
- Victoria Saporta & Giorgio Trebeschi & Anne Vila, 1999. "Price formation and transparency on the London Stock Exchange," Bank of England working papers 95, Bank of England.
- David Easley & Robert F. Engle & Maureen O'Hara & Liuren Wu, 2002.
"Time-Varying Arrival Rates of Informed and Uninformed Trades,"
- David Easley & Robert F. Engle & Maureen O'Hara & Liuren Wu, 2008. "Time-Varying Arrival Rates of Informed and Uninformed Trades," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 6(2), pages 171-207, Spring.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Naik, Narayan Y & Neuberger, Anthony & Viswanathan, S, 1999. "Trade Disclosure Regulations in Markets with Negotiated Trades," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 873-900.
- Ekkehart Boehmer & Gideon Saar & Lei Yu, 2005. "Lifting the Veil: An Analysis of Pre-trade Transparency at the NYSE," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(2), pages 783-815, 04.
- Erik Theissen, 2002. "Trader Anonymity, Price Formation and Liquidity," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse20_2002, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Grammig, J. & Schiereck, D. & Theissen, E., 2001.
"Knowing Me, Knowing You: Trader Anonymity and Informed Trading in Parallel Markets,"
Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL)
35288, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Grammig, Joachim & Schiereck, Dirk & Theissen, Erik, 2001. "Knowing me, knowing you: : Trader anonymity and informed trading in parallel markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 385-412, October.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Porter, David & Weaver, Daniel, 2005. "Should securities markets be transparent?," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 265-287, August.
- Frey, Stefan & Grammig, Joachim, 2005. "Liquidity supply and adverse selection in a pure limit order book market," CFR Working Papers 05-01, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Easley, David & Kiefer, Nicholas M & O'Hara, Maureen, 1997. "One Day in the Life of a Very Common Stock," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(3), pages 805-35.
- Stefan Frey & Joachim Grammig, 2006. "Liquidity supply and adverse selection in a pure limit order book market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 1007-1033, January.
- Theissen, Erik, 2003. "Organized equity markets in Germany," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/17, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Pietro Perotti & Barbara Rindi, 2006. "Market for Information and Identity Disclosure in an Experimental Open Limit Order Book," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 35(1), pages 97-119, 02.
- Goodfellow, Christiane & Schiereck, Dirk & Verrier, Tatjana, 2010. "Does screen trading weather the weather? A note on cloudy skies, liquidity, and computerized stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 77-80, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.