Regulating Service Quality: A Survey
AbstractThis article reviews the major insights of the economics literature regarding the design of service quality regulation in public utility industries. The focus is on generic service quality issues of primary relevance in the industries, which include the electricity, telecommunications, and water industries. The instruments that public utility regulators commonly employ and the manner in which the regulators employ the instruments to secure desirable levels of service quality are emphasized. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 27 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
service quality; regulation;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- De Fraja, Gianni & Iozzi, Alberto, 2004. "Bigger and Better: A Dynamic Regulatory Mechanism for Optimum Quality," CEPR Discussion Papers 4502, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bustos Alvaro E & Galetovic Alexander, 2009.
"Vertical Integration and Sabotage with a Regulated Bottleneck Monopoly,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-52, September.
- Alvaro Bustos & Alexander Galetovic, 2003. "Vertical Integration and Sabotage in Regulated Industries," Documentos de Trabajo 164, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Crandall, Robert W., 2003. "Costly Exercises in Futility: Breaking Up Firms to Increase Competition," Working paper 136, Regulation2point0.
- Armstrong, Mark & Sappington, David E.M., 2007. "Recent Developments in the Theory of Regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
- Susan M. V. Flaherty & Paul R. Zimmerman, 2005. "Does Allowing the Bells to Offer InterLATA Long-Distance Service Affect Entry into Local Telephony?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 197â212, July.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.