Another Look at Whether Private Schools Influence Public School Quality: Comment
AbstractJ. F. Couch, W. F. Shughart, and A. L. Williams (1993) report that private school enrollments are positively correlated with scores on a standard algebra test taken by North Carolina public school students. In this paper, the author shows that if any one of five reasonable changes is made to the specification of their model, this correlation disappears. Copyright 1995 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 82 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marlow, Michael L., 1999. "Spending, school structure, and public education quality. Evidence from California," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 89-106, February.
- Misra, Kaustav & Grimes, Paul W. & Rogers, Kevin E., 2012. "Does competition improve public school efficiency? A spatial analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1177-1190.
- Chang-Tai Hsieh & Miguel Urquiola, 2002. "When Schools Compete, How Do They Compete? An Assessment of Chile’s Nationwide School Voucher Program," Working Papers 123, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Waldo, Staffan, 2006. "School Vouchers and Public School Productivity - The Case of the Swedish Large Scale Voucher Program," Working Papers 2006:8, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Waldo, Staffan, 2006. "Competition and Public School Efficiency in Sweden," Working Papers 2006:7, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Rangaprasad, Vasudha, 2007.
"Strategic competition amongst public schools,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 199-219, March.
- Daniel Millimet; Vasudha Rangaprasad, 2004. "Strategic Competition Amongst Public Schools," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 197, Econometric Society.
- Sandström, F. Mikael & Bergström, Fredrik, 2002. "School Vouchers in Practice: Competition Won't Hurt You!," Working Paper Series 578, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Rincke, Johannes, 2006. "Competition in the public school sector: Evidence on strategic interaction among US school districts," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 352-369, May.
- Sandstrom, F. Mikael & Bergstrom, Fredrik, 2005. "School vouchers in practice: competition will not hurt you," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 351-380, February.
- Greene, Kenneth V. & Kang, Byung-Goo, 2004. "The effect of public and private competition on high school outputs in New York State," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 497-506, October.
- Dee, Thomas S., 1998. "Competition and the quality of public schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 419-427, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.