An econometric analysis of counterterrorism effectiveness: the impact on life and property losses
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Public Choice.
Volume (Year): 139 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100332
Counterterrorism; Discrete choice models; Transnational terrorism; C25; F51; H56;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grace Sanico & Makoto Kakinaka, 2008. "Terrorism And Deterrence Policy With Transnational Support," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 153-167.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Sandler, Todd & Tschirhart, John, 1987. "Terrorism in a Bargaining Framework," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 1-21, April.
- Christos Kallandranis & Konstantinos Drakos & Nicholas Giannakopoulos, 2012. "Counterterrorism Effectiveness: The Impact on Life and Property Losses," EUSECON Policy Briefing 19, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Eric van Um & Daniela Pisoiu, 2011. "Effective Counterterrorism: What Have We Learned so Far?," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 55, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Peren Arin, K. & Lorz, Oliver & Reich, Otto F.M. & Spagnolo, Nicola, 2011. "Exploring the dynamics between terrorism and anti-terror spending: Theory and UK-evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 189-202, February.
- Konstantinos Drakos, 2011.
"Security Economics: A Guide For Data Availability And Needs,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 147-159.
- Konstantinos Drakos, 2009. "Security Economics: A Guide for Data Availability and Needs," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 6, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:diw:diwdiw:diwepb19 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:diw:diwdiw:diwepb3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olaf J. de Groot & Cathérine Müller, 2011. "Highlighting the Major Trade-Offs Concerning Anti-Terrorism Policies," EUSECON Policy Briefing 3, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Daniel Arce & Sneha Bakshi & Rachel Croson & Catherine Eckel & Enrique Fatas & Malcolm Kass, 2011. "Counterterrorism strategies in the lab," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 149(3), pages 465-478, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.