Access to Childcare Services: The Role of Demand and Supply-Side Policies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Population Research and Policy Review.
Volume (Year): 30 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102983
Childcare; Welfare state; Policy instruments; Subsidies;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David M. Blau, 2000.
"Child Care Subsidy Programs,"
NBER Working Papers
7806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Kornstad & Thor Thoresen, 2007. "A discrete choice model for labor supply and childcare," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 781-803, October.
- Katharina Wrohlich, 2008.
"The excess demand for subsidized child care in Germany,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 40(10), pages 1217-1228.
- Katharina Wrohlich, 2005. "The Excess Demand for Subsidized Child Care in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 470, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Wrohlich, Katharina, 2005. "The Excess Demand for Subsidized Child Care in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 1515, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniela Del Boca, 2002.
"The effect of child care and part time opportunities on participation and fertility decisions in Italy,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 549-573.
- Del Boca, Daniela, 2002. "The Effect of Child Care and Part Time Opportunities on Participation and Fertility Decisions in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 427, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tarja K. Viitanen, 2005. "Cost of Childcare and Female Employment in the UK," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 19(s1), pages 149-170, December.
- William M. Gentry & Alison P. Hagy, 1995.
"The Distributional Effects of the Tax Treatment of Child Care Expenses,"
NBER Working Papers
5088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William M. Gentry & Alison P. Hagy, 1996. "The Distributional Effects of the Tax Treatment of Child Care Expenses," NBER Chapters, in: Empirical Foundations of Household Taxation, pages 99-134 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Isabelle Thomas & Ann Verhetsel & Hakim Hammadou & Dries Vanhofstraeten, 2003. "Distance decay in activity chains analysis. A Belgian case study," ERSA conference papers ersa03p119, European Regional Science Association.
- Maria Chiuri, 2000. "Quality and Demand of Child Care and Female Labour Supply in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 14(1), pages 97-118, 03.
- Marie-Thérèse Letablier & Angela Luci & Antoine Math & Olivier Thévenon, 2009.
"The costs of raising children and the effectiveness of policies to support parenthood in European countries: a Literature Review,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Marie-Thérèse Letablier & Angela Luci & Antoine Math & Olivier Thévenon, 2009. "The costs of raising children and the effectiveness of policies to support parenthood in european countries : A literature review," Working Papers 158, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Alison P. Hagy, 1998. "The Demand for Child Care Quality: An Hedonic Price Theory Approach," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(3), pages 683-710.
- Blau, David M & Robins, Philip K, 1988. "Child-Care Costs and Family Labor Supply," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 374-81, August.
- Siv Gustafsson & Frank Stafford, 1992. "Child Care Subsidies and Labor Supply in Sweden," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 204-230.
- Connelly, Rachel, 1992. "The Effect of Child Care Costs on Married Women's Labor Force Participation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 83-90, February.
- Wim Van Lancker, 2013. "Putting the child-centred investment strategy to the test: Evidence for the EU27," Working Papers 1301, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.