De-agrarianization, re-agrarianization and local economic development: Re-orientating livelihoods in African artisanal mining communities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Policy Sciences.
Volume (Year): 43 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102982
De-agrarianization; Livelihood diversification; Re-agrarianization; Artisanal mining; Sub-Saharan Africa;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- Edgar L. Feige & Ivica Urban, 2008.
"Measuring Underground (Unobserved, Non-Observed, Unrecorded) Economies in Transition Countries: Can We Trust GDP?,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp913, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Feige, Edgar L. & Urban, Ivica, 2008. "Measuring underground (unobserved, non-observed, unrecorded) economies in transition countries: Can we trust GDP?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 287-306, June.
- Feige, Edgar L. & Urban, Ivica, 2007. "Measuring Underground (Unobserved, Non-Observed, Unrecorded) Economies in Transition Countries: Can We Trust GDP?," MPRA Paper 7345, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Childs, John, 2008. "Reforming small-scale mining in sub-Saharan Africa: Political and ideological challenges to a Fair Trade gold initiative," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 203-209, December.
- Bryceson, Deborah Fahy, 2002. "The Scramble in Africa: Reorienting Rural Livelihoods," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 725-739, May.
- Bryceson, Deborah Fahy, 1996. "Deagrarianization and rural employment in sub-Saharan Africa: A sectoral perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 97-111, January.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt, 2007.
"Small and Medium Enterprises Across the Globe,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 415-434, December.
- Otto, James M., 1997. "A national mineral policy as a regulatory tool," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 1-7, June.
- Kumar, Raj & Amaratunga, Dharshini, 1994. "Government policies towards small-scale mining," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 15-22, March.
- Fisher, Eleanor & Mwaipopo, Rosemarie & Mutagwaba, Wilson & Nyange, David & Yaron, Gil, 2009. ""The ladder that sends us to wealth": Artisanal mining and poverty reduction in Tanzania," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 32-38.
- Tschakert, Petra, 2009. "Recognizing and nurturing artisanal mining as a viable livelihood," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 24-31.
- Chilowa, Wycliffe, 1998. "The impact of agricultural liberalisation on food security in Malawi," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 553-569, December.
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 735-747, May.
- Hilson, Gavin, 2012. "Family Hardship and Cultural Values: Child Labor in Malian Small-Scale Gold Mining Communities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1663-1674.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.